Sponsored by:

Anybody using spacers?

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2002, 03:36 PM
SICAONE
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Anybody using spacers?

I was just messing around on H&R's site and saw that they also sell spacers. Is anybody using spacers? If so, what offset?, what kind?, and does it make a noticable difference? I am still torn between the H&R coilovers or the ROW MO30 suspension. Has anybody driven both and can offer a comparison? I go to about 4 track events a year and mostly use as a daily driver. The car has too much roll for me in sharp turns.
Old 09-27-2002, 06:26 PM
Paul Marangoni
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I got the H&R coilover kit and I love it. It's much better (stiffer) than stock, but not overly stiff. I would have liked it even stiffer actually, but it's much better than it was. I lowered the car a bit too. Highly recommended. I do about 4 events a year too. I bought the kit from TireRack and they had the best price.

As for spacers, I was thinking about it, but I decided against it. If I were to add them, I would only use about 2cm.
Old 09-27-2002, 06:49 PM
Mark Wheeler
Racer

Your '01 has a GT-3 Aero kit and a Fabspeed intake?? What are they and where might I find photos of them. Is your Fabspeed intake for purely cosmetic purposes or is it a power increasing modification?
Old 09-28-2002, 02:41 PM
SICAONE
Racer

These are pictures of my GT3 aerokit that my friend took. I can't find one of the intake that I installed. It sounds nicer above 5,000RPM and picks up quicker in higher gears.

Old 09-29-2002, 03:07 PM
John Murray
Racer

I have the 18 inch Ruf wheels which come with spacers for front and rear. They are 7mm spacers. It was a huge difference between the stock 17's and the Ruf wheels, so I cannot comment on just the difference with spacers only.

Good Luck...

Quick Reply: Anybody using spacers?