Sponsored by:

Schnell SSK installed last weekend - observations

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2006, 11:18 AM
jerler
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Schnell SSK installed last weekend - observations

My first real mod (not counting bumber plugs and clear markers)!

I installed the Schnell SSK this past weekend. Installation was straight forward except getting the snap rings on was a PIA, even with good snap ring pliers. Took two people. It looks like the B&M snap rings would install easier because they don't go as far around the cups and can just be slid on.

Also, like both the B&M and Schnell instructions said, I marked the shifter cables before removal for propoer reinstallation. However, when I connected them back up to the SSK in their orginal positions it seemed that 1,3,5 were not engaging all the way so I ended up installing the primary cable a little further out.

Driving observations is exactly what has been stated here many times. A little more notchy, the slop is gone, and more precise. Overall, way better
Old 04-13-2006, 03:38 PM
delirium
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jerler
Driving observations is exactly what has been stated here many times. A little more notchy, the slop is gone, and more precise. Overall, way better
And the throw is shorter too right?
Old 04-13-2006, 03:43 PM
Eli K
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Installed a Schnell SSK a couple of months ago. Initially shifting through some gears felt notchy, I adjusted the cables, now the throw is short, precise and comfortable.

Quick Reply: Schnell SSK installed last weekend - observations