Sponsored by:

Parrot CK3000 Bluetooth Install

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2003, 09:55 AM
Scouser
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Post Parrot CK3000 Bluetooth Install

I am about to install the Parrot CK3000 Bluetooth system I received in the post today.

I will take pictures of the install, and post instructions when complete.

Coupla questions for ya'll:

The CK3000 allows you to place calls by pressing one button and speaking any of your phonebook's names (I have a T68i phone). Incoming calls are accepted by pressing on a second button. During calls, the audio system is automatically turned off, and the conversation is routed to the speakers.

The kit only requires connecting the CK3000 unit to a 12V supply, to the dash mike, and to the place-call and hang-up buttons. The supplied ISO connector mute cable intercepts the audio wiring between the radio/CD player and the loudspeakers.

Q1: I have not yet taken the (none-standard Pcar) Kenwood CD player out of my car yet. But when I do, can I assume that this "ISO Connector" will be there? If not any suggestions?

Q2: I want to reroute the place-call and hang-up buttons to unused buttons on the console. Where can I by these buttons from?

Q3: Does anyone know if the dash's mike wiring loom routes anywhere near the radio slot on the console, or have I got to run this loom myself.
A wiring diagram would be really great if some one can post one for me.

Q4: This may be difficult to answer: I don't have the special tool to remove the Kenwood KDC908R cd radio from the console. Any ideas on this?

Like I said, I will keep you posted but I can only do this at weekends so it may take a while (and I need to get the flippin radio out first :-(

Quick Reply: Parrot CK3000 Bluetooth Install