Sponsored by:

New product review

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2006, 05:48 PM
spaceman_spiff
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New product review

Has anyone tried out Nu Finish Scratch Doctor??? If so how would you rate it?

Thanks for any info
Old 04-11-2006, 06:18 PM
marlinspike
Burning Brakes

Received 55 Likes on 40 Posts

Nu Finish is a bunch o junk. Just about any of those $3.99 wonder car care products are...heck, just about any car care product you find at the local pep boys is junk. How deep is the scratch, I'll tell you how to fix it.
Old 04-12-2006, 05:09 PM
spaceman_spiff
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

its just a handful of really small scratches
Old 04-12-2006, 05:22 PM
marlinspike
Burning Brakes

So like swirl marks? Get yourself of 3M Imperial hand glaze, use your hands not a power buffer, and work it. Imperial Hand glaze takes a little while, swirl mark remover is faster, but it's better to use the imperial hand glaze so you take off as little clear as possible. Then follow up with a quality wax (I like one grand blitz wax or p21s carnauba wax).
Old 04-12-2006, 06:17 PM
bet
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by marlinspike
So like swirl marks? Get yourself of 3M Imperial hand glaze, use your hands not a power buffer, and work it. Imperial Hand glaze takes a little while, swirl mark remover is faster, but it's better to use the imperial hand glaze so you take off as little clear as possible. Then follow up with a quality wax (I like one grand blitz wax or p21s carnauba wax).
In the post above you said products at pep boys were junk....3M products are sold there....just bustin on ya. I think 3M products are excellent, it just so happens the only place to get 3M locally for me is at Pep Boys.

As for the original question. In general the Nu Finish stuff is not impressive. Depending on the type of scratches there many great products to solve the problem. Venture over to Autopia.org (detailing site) and do some searches on scratches and/or swirl mark removal. There are lots of suggestions of products and/or techniques for scratch and swirl mark removal and/or hiding both by hand and with various "buffers" (orbital and rotary).
Old 04-12-2006, 06:22 PM
marlinspike
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by bet
In the post above you said products at pep boys were junk....3M products are sold there....just bustin on ya. I think 3M products are excellent, it just so happens the only place to get 3M locally for me is at Pep Boys.
Bah! Though, to be accurate, I did say "just about any car care product," key words being just about.
Old 04-12-2006, 07:57 PM
wross996tt
Race Car

Received 83 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by bet
Venture over to Autopia.org (detailing site) and do some searches on scratches and/or swirl mark removal. There are lots of suggestions of products and/or techniques for scratch and swirl mark removal and/or hiding both by hand and with various "buffers" (orbital and rotary).
This is good advice...Poorboys SSR (3 or 2.5 folowed by 1 maybe) or Menzerna...with a PC.
Old 04-12-2006, 08:04 PM
djantlive
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Meguire Scratch X is pretty good. You may have luck with it.

Quick Reply: New product review