My Car is NOT for sale . . . I repeat . . NOT for sale

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2006, 08:08 PM
Riad
Chandler!
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 20 Posts

Bob, we kid because we love.

BTW, I'll also never be able to eat Foie Gras without thinking of that thread.
Old 04-11-2006, 09:02 PM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Maybe Bob thought it was spelled PHorsch, and thought that it was a foreign version of Ford.
Old 04-11-2006, 11:32 PM
kilrgt
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

As long as this makes you feel good.Instead of offering parts up here I will just ebay them.

Last edited by kilrgt; 04-11-2006 at 11:54 PM.
Old 04-11-2006, 11:57 PM
BlackTalon
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jeeva
Cool, just ignore me,...I wasn't aware of all the facts
No problem. I just signed on because I'm getting prepared for a suspension overhaul, and am hoping to pick up some good info on this BB. I only came over to the 996 site to see what all the fuss was about :-)
Old 04-12-2006, 08:32 AM
TD in DC
Race Director

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by kilrgt
As long as this makes you feel good.Instead of offering parts up here I will just ebay them.
ahhhh Killer, don't take your toys and go away mad! You can't see how ridiculous/hilarious all this is?

Imagine you have never been to rennlist before and you stumble across all of the parts for sale, these parts are gone, etc. . . big oopsie, car not sold, sorry parts will not be sold because car not sold, repeat car not sold . . . And all of this so that somebody can buy a plain jane silver "one of millions" 996 coupe AFTER all of the bling and "kinda boring really" modifications have been stripped!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry the deal fell through for you, but this really is Seinfeldian. If I didn't know better, I would swear you made it all up because you were bored at work. Whatever floats your boat, but you gotta see the humor in this from the outside . . .
Old 04-12-2006, 10:17 AM
kilrgt
Drifting

Hey T.D I can assure i did not make it up. I can see the humor in it, and have thick skin.I too thought the guy was nuts for wanting a stock 996, I didn't understand it , but hey thats what he wanted.I think what you don't understand is we made a deal on the car, he gave me a deposit and I was waiting on the balance.I did offer the parts to rennlisters because i would rather give them a deal then to people on ebay i do not know. If i thought there would have been any problems with the guy trying to short pay at delivery I would not have offered the parts in the first place.I come here to relax and share information on the great cars we own, I don't need people assuming they know me or what i am like, because of their ignorance.I am not mad i really I don't care what people think, and as i said I am glad it made your day better.
Old 04-12-2006, 11:44 AM
evo_333
Three Wheelin'

I can see the humor in it if you never been to Rennlist before, but if you had any slight clue of this site, you'd know Paul (kilgrt) on the 996 forum and he is a stand up type of guy... TD, I assume you question the validity of Paul's post otherwise you wouldn't create the post you just did. And you really put some time into it as well (pics, links, descriptions). If I were Paul and that happened to me (buyer shortchanging you, trying to sell your parts to other members, nothing going through) then have some guy make fun of me for the situation, I definitely wouldn't be in the best of moods.

I think we can all see the humor in it, even Paul, which makes rennlist great, but I don't see the value in pushing it to the point of mockery. I know this thread was suppose to be funny, but if the person you are imitating isn't laughing his face off, it isn't in good fun.

Just adding my .02. I don't mean to stir things up, but I don't think it's fair to give this guy ****, or any person on Rennlist for that matter, for unfortunate situations. That is unless your name is BOB.

Last edited by evo_333; 04-12-2006 at 12:07 PM.
Old 04-12-2006, 12:03 PM
VaSteve
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by TD in DC
I think VASteve might take you up on that kind of a deal

Old 04-12-2006, 01:33 PM
TD in DC
Race Director

Originally Posted by evo_333
I can see the humor in it if you never been to Rennlist before, but if you had any slight clue of this site, you'd know Paul (kilgrt) on the 996 forum and he is a stand up type of guy... TD, I assume you question the validity of Paul's post otherwise you wouldn't create the post you just did. And you really put some time into it as well (pics, links, descriptions). If I were Paul and that happened to me (buyer shortchanging you, trying to sell your parts to other members, nothing going through) then have some guy make fun of me for the situation, I definitely wouldn't be in the best of moods.

I think we can all see the humor in it, even Paul, which makes rennlist great, but I don't see the value in pushing it to the point of mockery. I know this thread was suppose to be funny, but if the person you are imitating isn't laughing his face off, it isn't in good fun.

Just adding my .02. I don't mean to stir things up, but I don't think it's fair to give this guy ****, or any person on Rennlist for that matter, for unfortunate situations. That is unless your name is BOB.

I hear you Jon. Here is my viewpoint on the situation. Nobody could use a laugh more that Killer (Paul), seriously.

I think the threads about this whole thing, as well as the buildup to getting a lambo, TT, whatever . . . have more drama than a Telenovela (Spanish Soap Opera). Honestly, I never know what is going to happen next, which makes these threads more entertaining than most of the movies and TV shows out now. I mean honestly, even the reference to butt plugs! WTF???? Where did that come from???? And then Riad's response about the Foie Gras. Tell me you aren't going to have to suppress a chuckle each time your wife or girlfriend orders Foie Gras at a restaurant, and you will NOT be able to explain what is so amusing.

Specifically, I think they are funny regardless of whether Killer is telling the truth or joking around, or whether he is a stand up guy or not. In fact, if I knew Killer well, the joking would be ruthless . . . nothing like the mild-mannered joking around in this thread. My friends and I give each other hell all the time, even about things we have no business giving each other hell over. This is a friendly ribbing thread . . . not an attempt to destroy someone with ridicule. In any event, Paul himself isn't immune to throwing the **** around. I seem to remember him claiming that I lack ***** and do not deserve a Porsche because I stuck up for some guy who said he liked to obey speed limits on the public streets.

Also, I would never dream about giving anyone a hard time over bad times. But frankly, what happened is really no big deal. It is not as if he had already stripped off the parts. The worst thing that happened is that he wasted time, which is super annoying but really nothing like wrecking your car, getting your car stolen, having a family member with health problems etc . . .

In fact, he could go ahead and strip off all the parts, sell them to all of the rennlisters here, and then go ahead and sell his stock 996 in a heartbeat. I mean, it is not as if he is hurting for cash so he has to get a real high price for the stock 996 . . . the man loses $3,000 in his couch each week!!!!!!!!!!!! That is a classic line that I will not be forgetting any time soon, and exactly why I think these threads are so funny. Otherwise, he can go ahead and sell the car modded up as is, which is probably what I would do in his shoes. So, my point is that he hasn't really been set back too much so far, and no harm no foul.

In the end, this and the other threads are hilarious regardless of whether Killer is a good guy or not . . . the circumstances, the unpredictability, the absurdity and the zingers that have flown back and forth (many that have nothing whatsoever to do with Paul) are just, well, funny. Paul presumably didn't control the buyer, so it is not as if these threads are focusing on some sort of character flaw . . . which I agree would be out of bounds. Look at Bob, for example. It is quite possible that everything he says is completely true. If so, he has suffered way, way more than Paul. The threads and comments by Bob are nonetheless hilarious. It's all good.

FWIW, I would never have started this thread if the other one had not been locked. I was just having too much fun for the party to end.
Old 04-12-2006, 01:58 PM
dallasboats
Pro

Funny is your racer friends comments on negotiating, that's funny. I'm hoping the thread was misread and can't imagine people actually going to the table and feeling good about those tactics. Surely it was misread.......................... I think you guys got over anxious to jump on kilr for more reasons than known. Some of you started with the post-negotiation as an opening and then promptly shut up. With his comments he may be an easy target and yes his thread was premature but then again, he should be amongst friends, right? or is this high school with the racer click and the goober click? Now sit down and just say you're sorry, stop with the bs justification.

Kilr, the couch comment was funny, I don't think you'll live that one down for a while.................
Old 04-12-2006, 02:09 PM
TD in DC
Race Director

Originally Posted by dallasboats
Funny is your racer friends comments on negotiating, that's funny. I'm hoping the thread was misread and can't imagine people actually going to the table and feeling good about those tactics. Surely it was misread.......................... I think you guys got over anxious to jump on kilr for more reasons than known. Some of you started with the post-negotiation as an opening and then promptly shut up. With his comments he may be an easy target and yes his thread was premature but then again, he should be amongst friends, right? or is this high school with the racer click and the goober click? Now sit down and just say you're sorry, stop with the bs justification.

Kilr, the couch comment was funny, I don't think you'll live that one down for a while.................
He is my friend, not my lover. Although we are friends, we have very different personalities, and I certainly do not control what he says.

In fact, your comment specifically was the entire reason I couldn't resist any longer and needed to jump into the thread. Specifically, you said "}{arlequin, wow, you're a dip****! People are like ********...........................everybody's got one." WTF does that mean? That is the most butchered cliche I have seen in a long time. That was truly hilarious, and I thank you for it! I haven't heard anything like that since I divorced my sister and moved to the east coast from Oklahoma

So, you see, one guy, who I happen to know, makes a comment, which elicits hilarious responses that tip me over the edge of participation! Until that point, I had never made any posts in response to any of these threads. Your comment was the only reason I jumped in, but after that point, it was just too funny not to keep going.

I also found the whole suggestion that }{ didn't have any "standing" to make a comment on the thread was pretty funny as well . . . You probably don't realize it, but many of the insults in that thread were directed at people other than Paul! For example, Eli insulted me for my bling, and I insulted VASteve, who just spun a rod bearing in his car and thus might be willing to pay someone to take it off of his hands. It is not so much a "racer click" as a bunch of friends goofin' around. Besides, I am the only "real" racer out of the bunch (and trust me, I will hear a lot of $hiiiite about that comment).

I can't speak for anybody else, but I am not really sorry for anything. I am just having a real good time, really at nobody in particular's expense!!
Old 04-12-2006, 02:22 PM
kilrgt
Drifting

No guys I am ok with the joking, I maybe even deserved it, but when my wife was insulted I took it personal. I am sure you understand.What makes rennlist such a great place is the humor and we can ( I think at least) say whats on your mind.I am glad you found the couch comment funny because it was a joke, in fact i laughed when i typed it.What pissed me off was someone making comments like he knew the entire story, I think some only saw half of the story and jumped to the wrong conclusion and assumed what he was saying was valid, where in fact he was dead wrong. Its all good...............I mean come on i did in fact call 993 owners *********..LOL
Old 04-12-2006, 02:30 PM
bet
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I have to agree with TD, irrespective of the original intent, the other thread had regressed into the funniest thing that has been on the 996 board in a long time. I usually have to peruse OT or one of the 944 boards to find that type of humor.
Old 04-12-2006, 02:30 PM
VaSteve
Three Wheelin'

For example, Eli insulted me for my bling, and I insulted VASteve, who just spun a rod bearing in his car and thus might be willing to pay someone to take it off of his hands.
And it hurt me so.

-----------
944 engine on order
Old 04-12-2006, 03:31 PM
Eli K
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It is not so much a "racer click" as a bunch of friends goofin' around. Besides, I am the only "real" racer out of the bunch

Last time I checked, we both carried the same license

Quick Reply: My Car is NOT for sale . . . I repeat . . NOT for sale