Sponsored by:

Lime Rock Autocross

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2001, 01:13 PM
brobbinson
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Lime Rock Autocross

I was able to run my '99 c4 coupe on the autocross track at Lime Rock(CT) this week while at the Skip Barber driving school. What an amazing experience!!! (I also drove a Dodge Viper on the track - real nice powerplant with amazing acceleration, but my c4 handled much better - tighter - in the turns). The school was a lot of fun - and I've taken away a better appreciation of what my car can do. Now, I'm inspired to try some autocross experiences with the PCA.
Old 08-02-2001, 03:51 PM
NDW
1st Gear

I have done a BMW school at Lime Rock with Skip Barber and enjoyed it greatly. Also I considered doing the Viper/truck course there. Have not yet decided whether or not to do that or go to Florida for the Porsche school. Was driving your C4 on the Lime Rock track part of the package or a special dispensation? Did it count as driver ed and therefore no insurance problems or did you need a special insurance deal?
Old 08-02-2001, 07:52 PM
brobbinson
Instructor

Driving my C4 on the autocross track was essentially "part of the deal." I don't think its formally part of the driving school program, but they let me (and a driver in his M3 and another in his own carerra) do it at the end of the last day of the school with an instructor in the passenger seat. I did not need special insurance, but signed lots of waivers in advance.

Quick Reply: Lime Rock Autocross