Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Recommendations for Winter Wiper Blades?

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2003, 08:40 PM
Marc Konchar
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Recommendations for Winter Wiper Blades?

My local Porsche dealer (which isn't too good ) tells me that although Porsche sells snow chains and ski racks they do not have winter wiper blades! Is this true, and if so does anyone have any recommendations on a good manufacturer that fits properly and where to get them (local xxxxx store, online, etc...)? Thanks!!!
Old 01-03-2003, 08:48 PM
sweanders
Race Director

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
[quote]Originally posted by Marc Konchar:
<strong>My local Porsche dealer (which isn't too good ) tells me that although Porsche sells snow chains and ski racks they do not have winter wiper blades! Is this true, and if so does anyone have any recommendations on a good manufacturer that fits properly and where to get them (local xxxxx store, online, etc...)? Thanks!!!</strong><hr></blockquote>

I've never heard of anyone that uses special wiper blades in the winter.

In what way would they be different?
Old 01-03-2003, 11:30 PM
Marc Konchar
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sweanders,
They are made out of a little different rubber compound (much like winter tires are) to help stay flexible in the colder weather, plus they are completely coated in rubber so that snow & ice won't stick inside all the openings and cause melted water to keep trailing across your windshield when they wipe. Most of them are also identified with red "caps" at both ends where the rubber covering seals.
Old 01-04-2003, 01:08 PM
Difference Engine
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Winter blades are definitely a good idea. For the winter months, I've always just run a winter wiper set from Canadian Tire. Obviously, you probably won't have those stores where you are. I would just try an auto parts store.

I know they don't work as well as factory wipers at higher speeds, but then on snow and ice, I'm not driving at summer speeds anyway.

They do work better in winter than the factory blades though.

Quick Reply: Recommendations for Winter Wiper Blades?