996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

remote locking horn sound

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2006 | 08:22 AM
stuart_w
Instructor

Default remote locking horn sound

Sometimes my car honks once when I lock it with the remote. I know its trying to tell me something aint right but when I unlock and then lock again there is silence. It doesnt do it everytime, and I wondered if its something to do with the interior lights not fading out before I push the button. It's a mystery to me. Any ideas. Yes the car still locks OK.
Old 04-05-2006 | 08:32 AM
pongobaz
Rennlist Member

I believe that if you push the remote button twice in quick succcession when locking, it disables the interior motionsensor; the horn chirp just lets you know that.
Old 04-05-2006 | 09:13 AM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

stuart - the horn will sound if something is "open" in the car. I took my dog (miniature Dachshund – yeah, German car, German dog ) to the vet the other day and when I locked the car, the horn sounded. Apparently when my dog was moving from the rear seat to the front seats, he stepped on the button that opens the center armrest cover. That is what was triggering the horn to sound. After closing the cover, the car locked without sounding the horn.
Old 04-05-2006 | 09:56 AM
nycebo
Three Wheelin'

Your cneter console armrest may not be closed properly. Or perhaps the trunk is not fully seated.

Quick Reply: remote locking horn sound