Sponsored by:

Need Window Sticker

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2001, 11:23 PM
std63
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Need Window Sticker

Is it possible to get a copy of the window sticker for a used 996 (1999). I am in the process of buying one used and would like to get a copy. Can you get it from Porsche North America or the original selling dealer?
Thanks,

Scott
Old 06-18-2001, 07:20 PM
Ran
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Scott,

If you ring up Porsche Customer at 800.545.8039 with the vehicle VIN, they will give you their current address (I think it is still in Atlanta but best to call and find out) where you can send a check for US$30 and they will send to you a certificate of authenticity which details the various options your car came with.

They may also give you the option codes on the phone itself. You will have to translate the option codes using one of the decoders but since your question seems to address the window sticker, the above service is the best that is possible as far as I know short of you being lucky where the original dealer saved a photocopy of it. I know atleast one dealership where I think they photocopy window stickers when they sell every car so if it is traded back to them, they are in a better position to market it - looks like an enthusiast maintained car.

Best of luck.
Old 06-18-2001, 07:31 PM
Viken
Keeper of the Truth
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Here's a Porsche "Kardex" you can send to PCNA with your payment:
http://www.bedrossian.net/Porsche/Mi...KardexForm.pdf

And, here's an example of what it looks like:
http://www.bedrossian.net/Porsche/Mi...dexExample.pdf

Quick Reply: Need Window Sticker