Sponsored by:

Another color combo

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2001, 10:44 PM
Chris Johnson
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Another color combo

I'm on the list to order a 2002 Coupe as soon as my dealer gets the completed 2002 order guide. Up to now I've been planning a Speed Yellow exterior and a Graphite Grey interior, with deviating carpeting and floor mats in black. Grey isn't the most exciting thing, but Savanna Beige is too yellow to go with Speed Yellow, and I was thinking all the other choices were too dark for my taste. However, after surfing Yoseif's gallery (http://www.whiteson.org/boxster/gallery/) I'm thinking a Nephrite Green interior would look quite good.

Anybody out there ever see Speed Yellow with Nephrite Green? Does it work?

Thanks!

Waiting impatiently...chris :-)
Old 06-14-2001, 11:29 PM
Eric - Plug Guy
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 190 Likes on 107 Posts
Cool

I have seen a number of SY cars. The last 996 Coupe I witnessed was black interior, full leather, with deviated stitching in SY.

I have also seen quite a few SY with MetBlue. Sounds sickly, but you have to see it to believe how well it works.

Another option - SY seat belts. Depends on how far you want to go. I'd forget about Nephrite for now. Black or Blue.

2022 GT3 Touring
2009 997 Turbo Cab
2018 M2 6sp

Gone but not forgotten
2004 C4S Cabriolet
1999 C2 Cab

Old 06-14-2001, 11:31 PM
Eric - Plug Guy
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 190 Likes on 107 Posts
Cool

I have seen a number of SY cars. The last 996 Coupe I witnessed was black interior, full leather, with deviated stitching in SY.

I have also seen quite a few SY with MetBlue. Sounds sickly, but you have to see it to believe how well it works.

Another option - SY seat belts. Depends on how far you want to go. I'd forget about Nephrite for now. Black or Blue.
Old 06-15-2001, 02:10 AM
yoseif
Intermediate

If you get Speed Yellow with Nephrite Green, you have got to send me pics for the gallery! I only have one.

Originally posted by Chris Johnson:
<STRONG>I'm on the list to order a 2002 Coupe as soon as my dealer gets the completed 2002 order guide. Up to now I've been planning a Speed Yellow exterior and a Graphite Grey interior, with deviating carpeting and floor mats in black. Grey isn't the most exciting thing, but Savanna Beige is too yellow to go with Speed Yellow, and I was thinking all the other choices were too dark for my taste. However, after surfing Yoseif's gallery (http://www.whiteson.org/boxster/gallery/) I'm thinking a Nephrite Green interior would look quite good.

Anybody out there ever see Speed Yellow with Nephrite Green? Does it work?

Thanks!

Waiting impatiently...chris :-)</STRONG>

[ 06-15-2001: Message edited by: yoseif ]
Old 06-15-2001, 05:24 AM
Robert 01' 996 Cab
Intermediate

Now that I've seen the nephrite green/speed yellow combo, I have a couple of questions. I don't see the face paint as being a problem but how how can you heel and toe properly with the floppy shoes? and how do you keep the honking red nose from flying off with the top down? Are you serious about that color combo?
Old 06-15-2001, 10:45 AM
grungyspeed
Instructor

LOL.

I personally don't like it but it is really different. There is something to be said for having a UNIQUE car.

Why not just do a red interior and get it over with.
Old 06-15-2001, 10:51 AM
Chris Johnson
Intermediate

Smile

Y'all sound like the kind of excitable folks who color inside the lines at all times. Your cars are all grey or silver with grey or black interiors. Cain't be having no bright colors in your lives -- wouldn't be proper!

Thanks for posting your image, Yoseif. And thanks for hosting your incredible gallery. I'll send you photos of whatever I get -- for sure to be Speed Yellow with something light on the inside. (I admit Black looks great, but I don't want a dark, heat absorbing interior.

Cheers and regards to all,
..chris
Old 06-15-2001, 12:20 PM
grungyspeed
Instructor

Chris,

Don't get me wrong.

Thinking out of the box is great. Having unique colors is great.

But that combo... Whew.. Not my cup of tea.

Good luck with whatever you choose. How about Speed Yellow and Light Provence blue. Check out the porsche exclusive color combos. They can do anything you want. For a price.
Old 06-15-2001, 02:41 PM
Robert 01' 996 Cab
Intermediate

Thumbs up

Speed Yellow is a terrific color but combined with that interior.... good gawd! Even though you don't like black, I think that the best combo for speed yellow is black with deviating yellow stitching. If you get speed yellow, sport seats with speed yellow seat backs is a must! That is just too cool! Unfortunately for me, I drive a little too fast to have such a loud car. I would probably get tickets everyday. Maybe when I get a little more control of my throttle foot, I can go with something like speed yellow. Honestly, it was my 2nd color choice.
Old 06-15-2001, 04:39 PM
MKW
Rennlist Member

Received 63 Likes on 35 Posts
Just curious Chris - what color combos are your cars ?
Old 06-21-2001, 12:27 AM
rarson
7th Gear

I'm probably the only one, but I think that SY/NG combo actually works. Not that it's that great-looking, or that I'd actually get it, but I think it does work. I think I was partly surprised because I expected a green interior to look like crap... but I like it.
Old 06-21-2001, 01:39 AM
Chris Johnson
Intermediate

MKW: Current cars are Montreal Blue BMW Z3 with the beige "polka dot" or stippled leather interior, and a dark metallic green Jetta, also with a light beige leather interior.

But I should mention, I did own a "fly" yellow Ferrari with a tri-color (cream/tan/black) leather interior once, and I've owned a few arrest-me-red sports cars, too. I've also owned an all black with all black leather interior, and it was both a pain to keep clean and roasted me alive in the summer!
Old 06-21-2001, 05:21 PM
Armando Ramirez
Instructor

I have a speed Yellow 996 (2000) I went with Black so you can have the speed yellow accents in the car. I live in Fl and I don't find the heat a problem (I do use a window guard if the car is going to be out in the sun for a while.

Not going with black prevents you from doing a lot of interior changes in a simple manner. FOr example I also have the GT3 race seats that I swap in and out for DE's. THey are factory black leather..perfect match to what I already had. Many of the extras for after market stuff will be MUCH easier to get in black...I ahve also seen the gray...and I have to say it seemed like faded black..and did not match as well (only an opinion for those with the gray :-) )

I have seen a speed yellow 993 with the green with yellow stiching and Belts. It looked very good in person. I suspect the pic and the light effect don't do the combo justice. The best thing is after you have had the car for a while drive it up to Greenbay and sell if for a bundle! (They love those colors!)
Old 06-22-2001, 10:45 AM
Maxeemum
Banned

My 99 C2 is black with red seat belts and red stitching..
Old 06-22-2001, 11:43 AM
JBH
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wink

Just remember...some day you will want to sell that car to get the latest and greatest. Unless you don't care what kind of hit you take on resale value, you better put together a color combination that someone else can appreciate and is willing to pay for.

Right now that would be SY with black interior, yellow piping/stiching and yellow belts. Very classy combination and fetches good money.

Quick Reply: Another color combo