thanks viken for tire help

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2001, 12:37 PM
Graygoose997
.org
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post thanks viken for tire help

Viken, Thanks for all your help with recent tire decision. The 17" Michelin Pilots were installed yesterday, and they are clearly the best tire I've ever run, on any car.had the opportunity to try them on a very tight twisty road, and they just hang in there. Seem as quiet as the conti's on the highway. Perry
Old 06-13-2001, 04:26 PM
Viken
Keeper of the Truth
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Perry,

You're welcome! I am glad you like the new Pilots.
Old 06-17-2001, 01:30 PM
Graygoose997
.org
Rennlist Member

On another subjest, the 540 w/ 12 K just came out of the shop with a new clutch and flywheel,under waranty.they mentioned that they had seen "several" of these. Have you heard anything about this? BTW, my congratulations on the modena..a beautiful car in the best color. A man is allowed only one beautiful wife ( at least at a time) but as many beautiful cars as he can handle <g>.
Old 06-17-2001, 02:38 PM
Viken
Keeper of the Truth
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally posted by PerryTishgart/996:
<STRONG>On another subjest, the 540 w/ 12 K just came out of the shop with a new clutch and flywheel,under waranty.they mentioned that they had seen "several" of these. Have you heard anything about this? BTW, my congratulations on the modena..a beautiful car in the best color. A man is allowed only one beautiful wife ( at least at a time) but as many beautiful cars as he can handle &lt;g&gt;.</STRONG>
Thanks for the compliments re: Modena.

Although I know of a few people who had their clutches replaced, I am not aware of a "known" clutch and flywheel issue on the 540i Sport. Somehow, I doubt that this is widespread. Do you mind e-mailing me what the symptoms were and what the parts looked like after removal?
Old 06-19-2001, 10:31 PM
Graygoose997
.org
Rennlist Member

,Although I know of a few people who had their clutches replaced, I am not aware of a "known" clutch and flywheel issue on the 540i Sport. Somehow, I doubt that this is widespread. Do you mind e-mailing me what the symptoms were and what the parts looked like after removal?&gt;
I tried to do this via e-mail, but I received a message that your e mail was blocked.There were no warning symptoms, the clutch just went limp,and was at the floor.The car was at the dealer for a week, and my wife picked it up on friday. On saturday, the dealership, which had moved just 1 month prior to this new location, was literally flooded out in a hell of a rain storm. They lost 80 new cars, all their computers,and all their records. I don't think I'll ever find out what happened. I do know that after pulling the clutch, they went back to BMW for a flywheel, and the paperwork indicated a burnt flywheel.This is my wifes car, and she has driven a stick forever, and despite my urgings, has never abused it. There was a photo in the paper,showing just 1 car up on the lift. I'm hoping that it's their M3 demo &lt;g&gt;
Old 06-19-2001, 11:30 PM
Ran
Rennlist Member

Perry,
I too live in the Philly area (SJ actually). So I guess we better watch it if these flooded out cars hit the market huh.
What colour 996 do you drive Perry. Will wave if I see you.
Old 06-20-2001, 12:14 AM
Viken
Keeper of the Truth
Lifetime Rennlist

<STRONG>I tried to do this via e-mail, but I received a message that your e mail was blocked.</STRONG>
I am not sure about it being blocked but my e-mail server had intermittent problems from Sunday afternoon to Monday mid-morning. It has been fine since then. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Old 06-20-2001, 09:05 AM
Graygoose997
.org
Rennlist Member

viken, when I hit the mail icon i get the following &lt;&lt;sorry, either the user or the board administrator is blocking access to this email address&gt;&gt;.
Old 06-20-2001, 09:12 AM
Graygoose997
.org
Rennlist Member

Ran, I have an artic silver 996. The dealer was West German.
Old 06-20-2001, 10:24 AM
Ran
Rennlist Member

Perry, I have a Polar Silver 993. See you around. Cheers
Old 06-20-2001, 04:11 PM
Viken
Keeper of the Truth
Lifetime Rennlist

<STRONG>viken, when I hit the mail icon i get the following &lt;&lt;sorry, either the user or the board administrator is blocking access to this email address&gt;&gt;.</STRONG>
I am sorry for the inconvenience. I didn't know there was a feature in my profile that blocks my e-mail address. I just checked it off and it should be fine now.

Quick Reply: thanks viken for tire help