996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Need help w/ tiptronic

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2015, 10:18 AM
B0xster
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know this thread has been stale for a few years but I was wondering if anybody had an audio clip of the noise the Tip is making.
TIA
Old 10-14-2015, 03:38 PM
crashclint
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by B0xster
I know this thread has been stale for a few years but I was wondering if anybody had an audio clip of the noise the Tip is making.
TIA
Unfortunately I don't as I just had my Tiptronic Module reset today. Mine was shifting erratically and when I was coming to a stop in 2nd I could feel a slight shudder. Driving it back to the office, there is no noise and is shifting great. I was told if it happens again and they can't reset it, it would cost about 2K for a new one.

Does anyone know if the Durametric Software will reset the Tiptronic Shift Points?
Old 10-16-2015, 03:44 AM
roadsession
Three Wheelin'

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by crashclint
Unfortunately I don't as I just had my Tiptronic Module reset today. Mine was shifting erratically and when I was coming to a stop in 2nd I could feel a slight shudder. Driving it back to the office, there is no noise and is shifting great. I was told if it happens again and they can't reset it, it would cost about 2K for a new one.

Does anyone know if the Durametric Software will reset the Tiptronic Shift Points?
Durametric resets your tiptronic - I do it once a year to clear poor shift patterns.
But you have to buy the original from their website.
Old 10-16-2015, 04:35 PM
crashclint
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by roadsession
Durametric resets your tiptronic - I do it once a year to clear poor shift patterns.
But you have to buy the original from their website.
I guess I will be getting Durametric under the Christmas tree this year.

Quick Reply: Need help w/ tiptronic