South Sport Trailers belly up

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2003, 04:18 PM
Arthur
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post South Sport Trailers belly up

Posted in the racing forum as well.
I just called <a href="http://www.southsporttrailers.com" target="_blank">www.southsporttrailers.com</a>
The operator was not very helpful about those trailers and hitches for the 993's and 996's. Apparently they stopped building them, all their inventory is in a dumpster, they don't have any blueprints, they won't be making any more of these, and they are moving. Also, their website is dead. Sounds like belly up to me. I need to find someone in the NC/SC region that has a hitch attachment for the 996 that will be willing to let me borrow it so I can copy it and have my machinist build me one. I am located between Charlotte, NC and Kershaw, SC.
Old 03-15-2003, 06:47 AM
Tom 77
Addict
Rennlist Member

Great! I just bought one of those trailers (used). I guess I'll use it 'till it breaks.
The hitch I have is from another guy who you can't find, but I will try and post you some pictures and dimensions. Should be pretty easy to duplicate.
The guy who used to sell this has an e mail address ( dustyn@calaveras.k12.ca.us )Probably N/G
It's a great design but I guess a small market.
Old 03-16-2003, 11:13 PM
slodrivingmike
Instructor

Suncoast Porsche in Florida is selling a trailor hitch for the 996 and 986. I saw it at their vendor booth at the PCA club race (48 Hours of Sebring). It was about $200.00. It attaches to where the bumper blocks go.
Old 03-18-2003, 11:31 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
I'm a bit confused.
I called Southsport yesterday to order a new box for my 2000 DE/track trailer
(unfortunatley, some woman in a minivan talking on a cellphone in line at the Chik Fil A drive thru stopped paying attention and crept right into the back of it and crushed in the box ~ 4"!)
They seemed to be still in business. Asked about a new DE/track trailer prices and replacement parts.
Maybe they just stopped making the hitches?

Quick Reply: South Sport Trailers belly up