996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

What's the deal w/996 interior lights?

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2002, 12:24 AM
david benett
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question What's the deal w/996 interior lights?

i recently drove my friends 01 C4 and we were completely baffled on how to make the interior center light come on when the car doesn't have the key in the ignition. seems to me that the light should come on when you open the car w/ the alarm fob, but lo and behold, it doesn't go on. further, when the key is in the ignition, the light goes on when the door is opened; without the key: no dice.

please tell me that the engineers in stutgart dropped the ball on this one. there must be a simple way to make it so that the light goes on automatically w/ the door w/o the key in the ignition.

any help is, of course, appreciated.

db
Old 03-25-2002, 01:07 AM
MKW
Rennlist Member

Received 66 Likes on 36 Posts
Something is wrong with your friend's lights. The lights should come on when you unlock the car with the remote or when you open door with key out of the ignition after shutting down motor. BTW, there are three 3-position rocker switches in overhead console for left, center, right overhead lamps - they should all be set in their center detent .
Old 03-25-2002, 08:47 PM
Palting
Nordschleife Master

Received 238 Likes on 153 Posts
Agree with MKW. When the rocker switches are on the center detent position, the interior lights should go on when you open the door or unlock with the remote.
Old 03-26-2002, 01:06 AM
mikecm1
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb

I believed the dealer may have dropped the ball, this time. If the car has not received the correct software in the key memory, your friends lights will not come on. This should be taken care of in PDI when the car comes in.

Quick Reply: What's the deal w/996 interior lights?