GT3 Seats vs. Recaro Pole Postion

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2006, 02:38 PM
Fred R. C4S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 91 Likes on 34 Posts
Default GT3 Seats vs. Recaro Pole Postion

am considering adding a driving seat to my 996. I am considering either the Porsche GT3 seat or the slightly less expensive Recaro Pole Position. I will be "trying on" the Pole Position tomorrow at a supplier. Can anyone tell me if the GT3 seat is as wide as the Pole Position, or is as narrow as the SPG? I'd hate to order the GT3 sight unseen only to find that fat *** and waist are a tight fit.

Thanks,
Attached Images   
Old 03-30-2006, 08:56 PM
Big6Dad
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Fred, I just went out and measured my GT3 seats. The "side" area of the seat cushion is just shy of 15 inches without compressing the cushion. On the bottom where the seat meets the seat back is 13 inches. Hope this helps.

Dave
Old 03-30-2006, 09:15 PM
Palting
Nordschleife Master

Received 238 Likes on 153 Posts

Dave, you are a mean person. I got all set to compare, only to find out I still had to convert the inches to mm

Just kidding . 15" converts to 381mm. That would mean that the GT3 seats are significantly narrower than either SPG or Pole Postions. Wow. Did not expect that. Or, am I wrong?
Old 04-04-2006, 03:43 PM
Fred R. C4S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 91 Likes on 34 Posts

Thanks to all who replied.

I'm 5' 8" and 200 lbs., 40 inch waist. At the rate I'm going, my casket will need to be round rather than rectangular. I tried out the SPG XL and the Speed 5-point at Northstar Motorsports. The SPG XL fit me perfectly and seemed as comfortable as my OEM sports seats. The Speed 5-point is narrower in the seat area. I found that I was sitting ON it rather than IN it. I'll be ordering the SPG XL for the driver's side, and let my passenger or instructor use the Speed 5-point. The Speed 5-point has moveable seat back that will still allow me access to the rear seat and cargo areas.

Cheers,

Quick Reply: GT3 Seats vs. Recaro Pole Postion