Sponsored by:

Where to find 285-295/25 18" tires?

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2006, 01:32 PM
JimB
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Assuming your tires are rubbing on the outside you could always fix the problem by pumping up the camber. It will wear your rears faster and add a little understeer but you seem more worried with how it looks than how it works anyway.
Old 03-30-2006, 01:58 PM
every day
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Give these guys a call - they know Porsches and I've always found them very helpful.

http://www.wheelenhancement.com/
Old 03-30-2006, 04:59 PM
Slowpoke
Advanced

Originally Posted by gota911
Slowpoke - Actually, we are not busting your legs, or your ***** (sorry, but it seemed like a little levity was needed here ).

Most everyone on the Forum is ready and willing to help and offer advice, and many of these guys (and gals) are VERY knowledgeable about what "works" on P-cars. Also, please remember that many of us are very opinionated, and will share our opinions freely. Sometimes this causes a few “hot debates,” but no bones get broken. Some speak from experience and are coming from a "been there... done that" perspective and are simply trying to keep someone else from making the same, costly mistake that they may have made. Ultimately, “it’s all good” because we simply LOVE our Porsches.

Thump! <== (BTW, that was me jumping off of my soap box)

With 285/30 rears you can run 225/40 or 235/40 without a problem. The OEM sizes for my C2 is 225/40 and 285/30.
Tim,

I'm sorry for my english, it's not my first language, I sometimes sound more harsh than I want to, for that I apologize, to you, LVDell and all other members on this board who were offended!

I like this board, it helps me a lot, it's nice to have a place to turn to when cases like this occur..

I was out driving the car yesterday for the first time in one month and the second time since I bought it, (A total of only 30 mins something I guess, Swedish winter sucks big time!) and I'm glad to report that it hardly rubbed at all with a 85kg passenger! I must have been exagerating this in my mind behind my computer or something??
And when it rubbed, it was in really high speeds (200km/h+) or when big bumps lied ahead of me on the freeway, so, I've just ordered 4 new tires, 285/30 rears and 235/40 fronts, same pattern/brand of course, this along with a small amount of extra negative camber should settle the problem once and for all, at least I hope!

Once again, sorry to you all if I was being a jerk earlier

Thank you for your time!
Old 03-30-2006, 05:04 PM
Slowpoke
Advanced

Originally Posted by LVDell
Last time I am entertaining this thread........

but to make a few points so slowpoke can understand the crux of the issue.

You DID state you were running 295/35 in the rear NOT 30's. Here is you exact quote form the first post you made in that thread:
From SLOWPOKE--> "I'm having some rubbing issues with my 295/35 ZR18 Michelin Pilot sports mounted on my rear TechArt 10,5" rims, I think the guy before me bought the wrong offset wheels or something.."

Further, you answered your own question BEFORE you even got a single response from us. Read the second half of that quote as well: FROM SLOWPOKE --> ".....I think the guy before me bought the wrong offset wheels or something.."

We are trying to help are you are not wanting it. If you want to FIX the solution properly then you need to get 2 new rear rim in the CORRECT offset. And by the way, there is no such thing as a
"girly" offset as you claim. Offset is a function of the wheel in relation to the hub and nothing an issue of gender.

..OR....

You can create your own "BAND-AID FIX" like you are trying to do by playing with tire sizes to get to an acceptable level of rubbing without regard for what is correct or what is needed by your 4WD system.

Best of luck to you......
LVDell,

As I wrote in my above post, I'm sorry if I offended you!

Yes, I did state 295/35's in my first post, but if you read the whole thread you will see I posted that I was screwed big time since I really had 30's in the rear.

Yes, they are the more aggresive offset, but not the wrong ones, people have theese on C4's all over the world, it does work, with the right tire, dimension and camber setting, that's what I'm trying to fix here, that's all, I do not want to buy new rims, especially after TechArt treated me very ignorant when I contacted them

The term "girly" came from your beloved governor (girlymen).. Sorry!

If you really mean the "best of luck to you" line, thank you very much!

Once again, sorry and thanks!
Old 03-30-2006, 05:05 PM
Slowpoke
Advanced

Originally Posted by JimB
Assuming your tires are rubbing on the outside you could always fix the problem by pumping up the camber. It will wear your rears faster and add a little understeer but you seem more worried with how it looks than how it works anyway.
How it looks? The reason this thread is posted is because I want to make it work...
Old 03-30-2006, 05:06 PM
Slowpoke
Advanced

Originally Posted by every day
Give these guys a call - they know Porsches and I've always found them very helpful.

http://www.wheelenhancement.com/
Thanks! Nice color P-Car
Old 03-30-2006, 08:11 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Slowpoke
LVDell,The term "girly" came from your beloved governor (girlymen).. Sorry!

If you really mean the "best of luck to you" line, thank you very much!

Once again, sorry and thanks!
No apology necessary. Sometimes we ALL forget about language barriers and cutural divides. My apologies right back at ya!

And yes I did mean best of luck. Nobody here wants to see another member of the community not get their issues fixed

And by the way, Arlond isn't "my" governor. He belongs to the "great" state of Kalifornya
Old 03-30-2006, 08:39 PM
Slowpoke
Advanced

No apology necessary. Sometimes we ALL forget about language barriers and cutural divides. My apologies right back at ya!

And yes I did mean best of luck. Nobody here wants to see another member of the community not get their issues fixed

And by the way, Arlond isn't "my" governor. He belongs to the "great" state of Kalifornya
Slowpoke and LVDell when I'm the states =

Now, I just need to search for some "N" approved 285/30's and 235/40's and wait for them to arrive...

Thanks again!
Old 03-30-2006, 08:52 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Keep us posted in this. Best of luck!
Old 03-30-2006, 09:10 PM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Slowpoke
Slowpoke and LVDell when I'm the states =

Now, I just need to search for some "N" approved 285/30's and 235/40's and wait for them to arrive...

Thanks again!
Slowpoke - BTW, speaking about "N" rated tires, did that Tire Rack link about the "N" tires help you? Good luck with the new rubber and let us know how they work out.
Old 03-31-2006, 03:50 AM
Slowpoke
Advanced

Slowpoke - BTW, speaking about "N" rated tires, did that Tire Rack link about the "N" tires help you? Good luck with the new rubber and let us know how they work out.
Yes, it was excellent, now I think I will go for the P-Zero's, they are rated "N4", the highest I could find and they come in 225/40 and 285/30 as well, any input to this?

Thanks again Tim!
Old 03-31-2006, 07:59 AM
gota911
Lifetime Rennlist

Slowpoke - When I got my car a little over a year ago, it had P-Zeros on the wheels and 6,500 miles on the clock. I really like thte P-zeros because of the grip. However, oncce they start to wear out they get loud. At 8,900 miles, I had to replace the rear tires because they were down to the wear bars. I had to replace them again at 21,000 miles. I only got 10,000 to 12,000 miles on each set of rear tires. I like the tires, I am just not crazy about the rapid tred wear. However, almost all of the high performance tires are soft compounds and have only a 220 or so tredwear rating.
Old 03-31-2006, 12:21 PM
Slowpoke
Advanced

Slowpoke - When I got my car a little over a year ago, it had P-Zeros on the wheels and 6,500 miles on the clock. I really like thte P-zeros because of the grip. However, oncce they start to wear out they get loud. At 8,900 miles, I had to replace the rear tires because they were down to the wear bars. I had to replace them again at 21,000 miles. I only got 10,000 to 12,000 miles on each set of rear tires. I like the tires, I am just not crazy about the rapid tred wear. However, almost all of the high performance tires are soft compounds and have only a 220 or so tredwear rating.
Well, I like the Pilot Sports PS2 but they only come "N" rated and in 295, I need a 285, so Pirelli, Bridgestone or the OLDER style Pilot Sport MX is the only option for me

Any other ideas?
Old 03-31-2006, 12:26 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

The conti's suck but you can get those in 285 N rated.
Old 03-31-2006, 02:29 PM
gota911
Lifetime Rennlist

The conti's suck but you can get those in 285 N rated.
WOW, that was a resounding endorsement! Yeah, I agree, there have not been very many good comments about the Conti tires.

Quick Reply: Where to find 285-295/25 18" tires?