new 928?!?

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2006, 05:12 PM
searching4996
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new 928?!?

Maybe this is porsches answer to the new HP wars:

STUTTGART, Germany — Porsche's rapidly expanding model range could be swelled by two more new models by the end of the decade, according to German media reports, giving the German company a seven-model lineup.

It wasn't that long ago that Porsche only made the 911, but following the success of the Boxster roadster, Cayenne SUV and Cayman coupe, there seems to be no limit to how far the brand can stretch.

Now we hear rumors that the already announced Panamera four-door coupe could spawn a shortened two-door model, giving Porsche a successor to the much missed 928 luxury coupe. The car would be front-engined and powered by V8 engines with power output from 350 to 550 horsepower. It could be ready by 2010, two years after the Panamera, and would compete head-on with the Aston Martin DB9.

Before that, there could be an even more extraordinary new Porsche, an SUV-coupe crossover that mates a 911-style body with a high-riding off-road platform. There's a precedent for such a car: Porsche has won the Paris-Dakar Rally with all-wheel-drive 911s in the past.

The car is likely to be a result of the continued cooperation between Porsche and VW groups on SUVs, a collaboration that has already given us the Porsche Cayenne and the VW Touareg. Porsche and VW are working together on a new SUV platform that will also be the basis for Audi's Q5 off-roader. The cars could be ready as early as 2008.

What this means to you: How long before Porsche makes a small hatchback and a midsize sedan?
Old 03-25-2006, 05:22 PM
Nutbeem
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think it's great - if you want a boutique marque, go for an Aston.

I can't wait for the Porsche replacement for the Suburban/Expedition - I can junk the Expedition and put the family in a Porsche.
Old 03-26-2006, 12:04 AM
Nicolaasdb
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would love to see a new 928.....still my favorite P-car....I love my 996 cab, but the 928 I once had.....was just a big monster and the 928 still looks modern and pretty today.....can't wait
Old 03-26-2006, 12:08 AM
earlyapex
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 62 Likes on 32 Posts

Porsche is doing the right thing by expanding its product line and customer base.

Quick Reply: new 928?!?