Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

re: porsche crest on headrest as an option on such an expensive car!

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2012, 01:06 AM
aadrew10
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AndrewP
Porsche options must have the highest profit margins in the automobile industry, which is saying something given the high margin to begin with on the Carreras.
I do not understand your logic, sir
Old 01-26-2012, 08:58 AM
No HTwo O
Banned

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by aadrew10
I do not understand your logic, sir
I think he is saying that in a way Porsche double dips (or even triple dips):

1) Options are expensive

2) The margin on the 911 is already high

3) Many items that are option on a Porsche are included in other manufacturers base price
Old 01-27-2012, 07:25 PM
leedav
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any of you guys buy Dasani water? Product cost: Zero. Price: $1.25- $2.50 for 16 oz...
Old 01-27-2012, 07:50 PM
Hurdigurdiman
Drifting

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Palting
I don't want to be the bad guy in this thread, but I believe any merchant can charge as high a price as the market will allow for their merchandise. In fact, the idea is to bring the price as high as the market will bear. That's capitalism. Thats's the American way. If people will pay $1.00 for a dohickey that costs $.10 to produce, that's a success story.

We can say anything we want about the mark-up, but do we really know what it costs to design, market and produce a Porsche? And when I say "a Porsche", I mean a Porsche in all it's meanings. If it were that easy and cheap, some entrepreneur would have figured it out and marketed it.

And options are options. You don't really need them. The price you pay includes not just the cost and utility of the thing, but the exclusivity it brings. The head rest crest is the perfect example.

Anyway, just my 0.02.
I agree... When a child gets a toy doll, its still a doll with or without clothes. It looks much better fully clothed though for the extra cost. Some hair and a hat looks nice I think. Oh and a pair of shoes and socks LOL. We like to dress up our Porche so it looks better than all other Porsches. The options are out there at a price. Rock on all 996 owners

Quick Reply: re: porsche crest on headrest as an option on such an expensive car!