996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Birmingham, AL dealer and PPI???

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2006, 09:26 PM
TRW
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Birmingham, AL dealer and PPI???

I am thinking of getting another Porsche. I had a 1995 993 but sold it several years ago but the bug is still with me.

Has anyone dealt with Platinum Imports in Birmingham. They have a 2000 C4 Cab that seems interesting. Thinking down the road on a PPI I see there is Tom Williams Porsche in Irondale. I also found a shop called Momentum Motorworks that has Master Techs and does PPI's. Anyone had any experience with either?

Thanks for the input.
Old 03-16-2006, 05:43 PM
alevine
Rennlist Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

I don't know anything about Platinum but I got a PPI from Jack Ingram Motors in Montgomery and they did an average at best job. I had problems they easily should have diagnosed. Note, I am from Chicago and do not know how close Birmingham is to Montgomery. I bought my car over the phone and Jack Ingram Motors was the closest Porchse dealer.

Good luck.

Adam
Old 03-16-2006, 09:21 PM
UserA
Rennlist Member

Received 192 Likes on 82 Posts

Tom Williams gave me a very thorough PPI that saved me a bunch of money.
Old 04-09-2006, 07:48 PM
Giovanni
Race Car

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

You may want to try Eurasion downtown BHM. I was looking to purchase a 911 convertible a couple of months ago and I called them for a ppi. When I mentioned the car was a red convertible the guy asked me what year and who was selling it. I saved the money of the PPI and saved a ton of money by not purchasing the car. They just did a PPI a few days ago and the 911 need a complete engine rebuilt.

They seem to be good honest people.

Quick Reply: Birmingham, AL dealer and PPI???