Sponsored by:

X74 vs RoW 030

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2002, 06:36 PM
Riz
Rennlist Member

Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts
Post X74 vs RoW 030

I have 2002 C2 coupe with standard US suspension and 18" Carrera wheel. I am considering the X74. How much more agressive is this that RoW 030? I am going to use car on street with some autox and track. The car is not a daily driver. I have flared rocker panels but not complete aerokit. Does anyone ouit there have this suspension? Can I use GT3 sway bars with this setup? If so, what additional parts/reinforcements do I need? What advantage is it to have GT3 swaybars vs the ones that come with the X74 kit? Where did you guys purchase this kit. Thanks in advance for you suggestions.
Old 12-21-2002, 11:13 PM
Ed Newman
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have the X74 with GT3 sway bars. The standard setup uses the same sway bars as the US and ROW 030 kits. The X74 consists of springs and struts all around as well as rear bump stops and front strut mounts. The GT3 sway bars require brackets and droplinks. I used the racers group parts. They seem to be the best on the market right now. I have not driven a ROW 030 side by side, but the difference is night and day compared to my US 030. The car sits about 1 1/2-2" lower and handles... it was best put by the mechanic at the delearship. He said it handles as good as their GT2 race car. I ordered all of the parts through my local dealership, Silver Star Motorsports. You can get them from a numbr of sources, but be prepared to wait, at least a few weeks. The struts are bright yellow by the way. I drive the car on the street, it is stiff and low so you want to be careful, but its not a racecar ride by any means. Email me if you want more details or part numbers.
Old 12-24-2002, 02:15 AM
fix
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just installed the X74 suspension kit(struts and bars)on my 2003 C2 coupe last week, and would highly recommend it.

The 30mm drop is a big improvement visually, yet still clears my driveway and I haven't scraped the nose yet. The spring rate is firm but not too radical for daily driving. The damping is well matched to the springs. An excellent suspension upgrade. By the way, I am a "newbie" to this board, and this is my first post.
Old 12-24-2002, 11:27 AM
Ed Newman
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Cool

Hey Fix! Nice car!
Where in the world are u? Post some pics or more details.
Old 12-24-2002, 12:32 PM
Viken
Keeper of the Truth
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
[quote]Originally posted by fix:
<strong>... By the way, I am a "newbie" to this board, and this is my first post.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Hi Jim,

Welcome to the Rennlist boards. You forgot to tell us about the wheels on your car.

Happy Holidays!

Quick Reply: X74 vs RoW 030