Sponsored by:

Bad experience with Brandywine

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2006, 09:10 PM
yvesatlanta
Racer

Received 52 Likes on 22 Posts
Thumbs down Bad experience with Brandywine

Just sharing to make make you guys aware of their customer service.

This is what happened to me :

- ordered a set of wheel spacers about 3 weeks ago. Talked to Jason. He made me a 249$ package deal.
- after one week I check my credit card statement and see that Brandywine had charged me 379$. I give the company a call and talk to Kyle. He tells me to wait untill Jason is back the next day.
- Call back the next day, the receptionist tells me Jason is on another line. Finally, in the afternoon I get somebody else on the line. Jason had 'left the company'. Translation : must have been fired in the morning.
- That same person tells me he will take care of things, which means sending out the shipment (finally !) and reversing part of the charge.
- I receive the shipment a week later : 2 spacers instead of 4 (??!!). I call back and had to do the whole story again. The sales rep told me he could not honor the initial offer.
- I ended up sending the 2 spacers back. Today I saw the reversal on my credit card. They had even charged me a 10% restocking fee.

Net, this whole joke has cost me about 50$. For nothing.

I do understand that there can be personnel issues, but this is not an excuse to drop your customer service levels and/or not to honor offers made in your name.
Net, I am very dissapointed with this company and their values and behaviors.
Be careful to do business with these people.
Old 03-09-2006, 09:15 PM
Eric - Plug Guy
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 194 Likes on 108 Posts

fdonatoni@brandywineporsche.com

Email Frank the story and be straight up with him. He will make it right.

2022 GT3 Touring
2009 997 Turbo Cab
2018 M2 6sp

Gone but not forgotten
2004 C4S Cabriolet
1999 C2 Cab

Old 03-09-2006, 09:17 PM
Phil G.
Race Car

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I would write a letter to their general manager and very calmly explain the situation (as you have above). Might even drop a cc to PCNA. I know it's only $50, but it's the principle. Let us know how you make out. I had a similar experience with Don Rosen Imports on an Audi loyalty rebate - it took their GM to get it straightened out -- and to get me a check for the $750 I was due. I wouldn't even bother talking to the lower level folks - go to the decision-makers.

Good luck

Phil G.
'04 C4S Coupe, Atlas/Black
Old 03-09-2006, 09:44 PM
Kims996Cab
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by yvesatlanta
They had even charged me a 10% restocking fee.
Write the dealer if you're looking for personal satisfaction .... but for that re-stocking fee, just dispute it with your credit card company. I can't imagine losing that argument ... and I sure wouldn't let the $50 ride on finding a sympathetic ear at Brandywine.
Old 03-09-2006, 09:56 PM
dallasboats
Pro

They jerked me around for about 2 months regarding some corner markers. Wasn't a lot of money and it eventually worked itself out, but annoying none the less.
Old 03-09-2006, 10:00 PM
C4 Pazzo
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I had a similar experience where they overcharged me $125 on a hardtop wall rack. After several phone calls and sending a letter with no satisfaction (just unfulfilled promises to issue me a credit), I gave up. They lost many times that amount on the business I have since sent to Sunset Imports.
Old 03-09-2006, 10:05 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Everytime I have dealt with them I talked directly to Justin and he has never given me any problem. Even paid return shipping of a set of PSE cans I bought new that looked like they were years old and possibly used. Pissed? Of course I was, but he sent me a UPS retun label and I shipped them back and got a new set BEFORE the old ones were even sent back.

I find it hard to believe they would treat you that way but it does make sense since I haven't dealt with anybody BUT justin.

Like others have said, they do ALOT of business with us Rennlisters and would not want to loose this cash cow! Talk to them and they WILL make it right. If they don't post back here and trust me, we will speak with out wallets!!!
Old 03-09-2006, 10:20 PM
Sanjeevan
Three Wheelin'

I've dealt with Justin as well, and I never had any issues. AFIW, He is the only one who knew anything in that place, so i hope he is not fired.
Old 03-10-2006, 12:14 AM
PK996C2
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

While I agree that Justin is (was) knowledgeable, he does not (did not) have a sense of customer service. A year and a half ago I bought two GT3 seats and a set of Champion Wheels. A $ 6K transaction. It took almost a month to get the stuff, zero communication, overcharging, downright incompetence, arguing with me, insinuating that I ought to be grateful for getting the stuff at that price and just stop bothering them etc, and never once did Justin or anyone else call me and I didn't even ask for an apology. Just communication. What's going on with my order kind of communication. I had to call them at least a dozen times just to push the process along. Terrible, indifferent service. A real pity.
Old 03-10-2006, 12:45 AM
Ucube
Three Wheelin'

Yikes! PK996C2, that was my experience with B-Wine just this past month on a used set of Tequipment ovals. Granted, it was nowhere near a $6K transaction, but their communication and level of service post-sale was basically nonexistent. They continuously ignored my request for a total charge (including tax and shipping) and a tracking number. It took nearly two weeks before I received the tips on a $20 shipping charge. I was quite surprised since they seemed to be well recommended on this forum.

Yvesatlanta, if Eric's suggestion doesn't pan out, then I'm sure a dispute through your CC company will take care of the $50 charge.
Old 03-10-2006, 12:48 AM
Nicolaasdb
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I bought alu rings for the dash gauges.....and 2 of them where damaged...put them on and you can't really see that they are damaged, so I didn't complain about it...but still...if you buy new stuff it should not be damaged at all!
Almost everything you purchase now-a-days has something wrong with it!! Mostly because it is made in the peoples republic of China...and they are known to be cheap manufacturers, not known for their quality of workmanship!! Companies want to maximize their profit (Porsche has the same policy!) they don't care that much for quality anymore!! Which is very sad! But we are so used to it that we hardly every do anything about it any longer!
Old 03-10-2006, 01:25 AM
perfectlap
Race Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

customer service aint what it used to be...actually it never was!!!
Old 03-10-2006, 01:54 AM
JoeTanto
Instructor

I purchased my Aero I skirts from Justin at Bwine and the transaction was smooth and the price couldn't be beat. I can see that without him there, they're probably like any other regular overpriced dealer parts department like my local dealer.
Old 03-10-2006, 02:27 AM
JasonAndreas
Technical Guru
Rennlist Member

Received 112 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by LVDell
Like others have said, they do ALOT of business with us Rennlisters and would not want to loose this cash cow!
They have actually been banned from Rennlist for creating fake user accounts and pretending to be customers...
Old 03-10-2006, 09:27 AM
rcg412
Rennlist Member

Received 122 Likes on 81 Posts

I talk to Lou over there, never had a problem and their shipping is usually very cheap.

Quick Reply: Bad experience with Brandywine