clutch judder

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2003, 09:24 AM
Simon H
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Post clutch judder

Hi Everyone,
I have had no replys to this question from other forums so i thought i would ask here.I own a 2003 carrera 2 and notice the clutch has a slight judder when i am trying to manouvre slowly, more noticable in reverse, and i was wondering if anyone else has noticed this on their cars?The car has now covered 1500 miles.I drove a 2003 TT last week and the clutch operation was perfection, not only smoother but far lighter as well.It must have more assistance than the carrera 2.Regards, SIMON.
Old 03-04-2003, 02:59 PM
Kerry
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No, I've never had that problem. I take it you get the judder when you are slipping the clutch?
Old 03-04-2003, 05:13 PM
Simon H
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Hi Kerry,
The moment you take up drive by releasing the clutch pedal is fine,it is when you hold it in that position for a few seconds that you feel a small amount of judder.It is really only noticable in reverse, when you are trying to manouvre slowly and are turning the steering this way and that.I will let the boss of the dealership have a drive and see what he says i think.This is only a small gripe as the rest of the car is fantastic, but because it is so good i want it absolutely perfect.Thanks for the reply.Regards, SIMON.

Quick Reply: clutch judder