White marks on rims

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2006, 06:12 PM
porsche996-C4S
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Member/White marks on rims/MODS

Hi all,

I just recently purchased a 2003 C4S and the rims have these white marks and I am wondering the best way to remove them. Also, what is the best way to clean the whole rim?

Thanks!

Last edited by porsche996-C4S; 03-12-2006 at 01:02 PM.
Old 03-03-2006, 08:29 PM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

P-996-C4S - First off, welcome to the Forum and congrads on getting your P-car. Normally, newbies give a small introduction and post a few pics of their cars and include some of the specifics.... er.... wait a minute will ya?...... Hey, Dell, if I am horning in on your territory here, just let me know! ........ ok, I'm back.... ah, where were we? Oh, yeah..... specifics about the car. Anyway, once again welcome!

It would be helpful if you could post pics of the white marks and/or at least try to let us know what you "think" the white spots are... salt residue, water spots, mineral deposits, etc. I have had real good success with using Simple Green, a bio-degradable cleaner, on the wheels and tires. I rinse the wheels and spray them with Simple Green and let it sit while I wash the car. The brake dust comes right off with no scrubbing. I also give them a coat of synthetic wax about three or four times per year.
Old 03-12-2006, 12:47 AM
porsche996-C4S
AutoX

Thank you so much for the welcome. It is much appreciated. I am sorry I haven't had time to respond as I have been extremely busy. Here are some specifics about the car:

2003 Porsche 996 Carrera C4S
Speed Yellow
Black interior
12,500 miles
Xenon's
Porsche Crest on Headrest

Everything else is stock. I love the car and I still can't stop smiling.

Here are some pics

Old 03-12-2006, 03:10 AM
lowside67
Rennlist Member

Received 39 Likes on 29 Posts

hmm... new c4s... busty brunette... new c4s... busty brunette...

the real question, is which one would you choose if you could only have one?

gorgeous car though wow, i havent seen a SY C4S and it's quite striking!
Old 03-12-2006, 07:29 AM
gota911
Lifetime Rennlist

P-996-C4S - Very nice! Oh, and the car is nice too! Seriously, the SY looks great. Have you resolved the "white marks on the wheels" issue? If not, can you snap a relatively close up pic to show what you are talking about? If you have resolved the issue, what was it?

MODS - ok, since you brought up the mods topic most here will say to change out the side markers for clear ones. Probably the only color that can get away with yellow side markers is SY, so it's really your choice. However, I would suggest painted bumperettes. You can contact Eric at BumperBlugs.com (he is a site sponsor) and he will fix you up. Thanks for posting the pics.
Old 03-12-2006, 12:56 PM
porsche996-C4S
AutoX

Thanks for the compliments...I will pass them along to her . The girl is actually someone who was there at the time selling the clear bra's (naturally I bought one). So we coerced her into taking a picture with the car.

I still have yet to resolve the white mark issue and haven't had time to take a pic. I will try to take one today and post it. I think I may end up having them restored by Wheelenhancement.com next winter.

Unfortunately, I am deeling with another issue of a "clunking" sound in the front end that only happens later on in the day as I drive more. I might post a seperate thread on that issue.

As far as MODS and the clear markers, there was a whole debate on another board which I thought in the end would come to blows . I haven't decided what to do, but I think I might get the bumperettes. I ordered a bunch of stuff from Eric a little while ago and should have included the bumperettes. I think in the near future I might get a fabspeed exhaust and the the performance chip from Upsolute.

Thanks again for the replies
Old 03-12-2006, 01:32 PM
lowside67
Rennlist Member

Received 39 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by porsche996-C4S
Thanks for the compliments...I will pass them along to her . The girl is actually someone who was there at the time selling the clear bra's (naturally I bought one). So we coerced her into taking a picture with the car.
I'd like to see HER in a clear bra!

As for mods, bumperettes, key plugs [both from eric]; and clears are all good calls.

Other than that, a short-shift is a good call and then you're golden.
Old 03-12-2006, 06:46 PM
gota911
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by lowside67
I'd like to see HER in a clear bra!

As for mods, bumperettes, key plugs [both from eric]; and clears are all good calls.

Other than that, a short-shift is a good call and then you're golden.
What he said!!! ^

Quick Reply: White marks on rims