Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Thanks for spending all my money Rennlist. Anyone with PSE in DC?

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2006 | 09:46 PM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Programmatore - good pics. Thanks for your opinions on the exhaust notes. If you had to choose an exhaust to replace your stock set up, which one would you go with?
Old 03-04-2006 | 10:13 PM
programmatore
Drifting

Originally Posted by gota911
Programmatore - good pics. Thanks for your opinions on the exhaust notes. If you had to choose an exhaust to replace your stock set up, which one would you go with?
It's tough to say, Tim. The GHL "regular" sounded pretty good and is very good value for money -- especially if you get in on a group buy. I would not get the GHL tips since they don't look quite right from the side (they look nice from behind though). The Dansk, Fabspeed or Schnell tips might be better.

The PSE sounded perfect and the option of having the switch installed is nice although I probably wouldn't bother with the switch and just leave it on all the time. The Tequipment tips look great but are too expensive at $600!

If I can get the PSE for a good price then I would get it otherwise the GHL "regular" is a good buy.
Old 03-04-2006 | 11:01 PM
jedier
Instructor

I concur with Programmatore. The PSE are nice but in terms of value for price, it's really hard to beat the GHL. The difference in sound between the PSE and GHL is not that significant. As for the GHL tips, I don't like them because they are too short on the side (i.e., you can see the pipe). I can post pics of them tomorrow if anyone cares. I will replace them very soon (in the mean time, I'll probably polish the stock ones and reinstall them).
Old 03-04-2006 | 11:27 PM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by jedier
I concur with Programmatore. The PSE are nice but in terms of value for price, it's really hard to beat the GHL. The difference in sound between the PSE and GHL is not that significant. As for the GHL tips, I don't like them because they are too short on the side (i.e., you can see the pipe). I can post pics of them tomorrow if anyone cares. I will replace them very soon (in the mean time, I'll probably polish the stock ones and reinstall them).
Are you kidding me??? What do you mean "if anyone cares." Of course we want you to post pics, 'cuz we are pic ******, all except for me. I am no pic *****. I am a a pic ****!
Old 03-05-2006 | 12:21 AM
jedier
Instructor

Originally Posted by gota911
I am no pic *****. I am a a pic ****!

No problem gota!
Old 03-05-2006 | 01:01 AM
evo_333
Three Wheelin'

nice pics.... any more shots of Voves car? Also, what wing does the 997 have or is that the stock deck in the extended position?
Old 03-05-2006 | 01:58 AM
jedier
Instructor

Originally Posted by gxlex
I know you left me out on purpose cause mine is a 997 and not 996 LOL.
Nah, would never do that to you or anyone else for that matter! Your 997 is sweet. And the shine was beautiful. I knew my car was not as clean as I would have liked. But next to yours, it was night and day (well, if you can say that about 2 black cars!). You got to tell me how you do it or where you get it done.
Very nice meeting you.
Old 03-05-2006 | 05:22 AM
gxlex
Intermediate

Originally Posted by jedier
Nah, would never do that to you or anyone else for that matter! Your 997 is sweet. And the shine was beautiful. I knew my car was not as clean as I would have liked. But next to yours, it was night and day (well, if you can say that about 2 black cars!). You got to tell me how you do it or where you get it done.
Very nice meeting you.
thanks for the compliment. I detail my own car with a Porter Cable buffer. For polish I use Klasse or Menzerna and top it off with Pinnacle Souveran wax. If you guys are interested in trying it out let me know.
Old 03-05-2006 | 05:25 AM
gxlex
Intermediate

Originally Posted by evo_333
nice pics.... any more shots of Voves car? Also, what wing does the 997 have or is that the stock deck in the extended position?
The wing is by Rinspeed as a matter of fact the whole car is fitted with the Rinspeed bodykit.
Old 03-05-2006 | 10:18 AM
programmatore
Drifting

Originally Posted by gxlex
The wing is by Rinspeed as a matter of fact the whole car is fitted with the Rinspeed bodykit.
Oh yeah. I was so pre-occupied with the intoxicating sound of the 3.8L PSE that I forgot to mention the body kit on GXLEX's 997 S. It's funny, I saw the RINSPEED ad in the latest issue of Excellence magazine and that same weekend there it was in person! Very nice choice, GXLEX! The RINSPEED kit looks great -- it is amazing how a few pieces can make the car look a bit more aggressive but not over the top. It looks OEM -- or in this case, better than the 997 OEM aerokit! I am glad you exercised restraint and chose not to get the scissor doors.

Here are a few pictures from the RINSPEED website:

Old 03-06-2006 | 11:36 AM
996 Convert
Racer

Thanks for the offer SRC4S, but we had a PSE (actually two 996 and 997) this weekend. I wouldn't think you needed any other reason though.
Old 03-06-2006 | 11:52 AM
996 Convert
Racer

Great meeting everyone. We will definitely have to do some runs when the weather gets nicer. This meet may prove to be very expensive since in addition to the exhaust, I am now considering SSK, intake and suspension, not to mention the all important clear side markers. Come to think of it, I may just have to get a 997 thanks to gxlex.

Now I'm thoroughly confused on which exhaust to get. I was leaning PSE but after hearing the GHLs, I may go that route, especially since that will leave enough cash to do the SSK and then some.

washington dc porsche, when you broke away off of 66, your car sounded mean. Must be the intake.
Old 03-07-2006 | 01:20 PM
Vulture996
Instructor

Great meeting everyone !!!! Some really good people.
Ok, my $0.02
The GHL is better than stock but not as good as PSE. The PSE really does sound the best when standing behind the vehicle. though vove's is a 3.4, it sounded almost as nice as the 997s with PSE.. I SAID ALMOST, The 997 was in a leauge of its own. the PSE made the 3.8 sound like a true beast, it had a mean low tone gurggle.
I wanted to post a vid, I actually took one but It sounds like some shizzle on my mini cybershot vid/digital. I hope to arrange a photoshoot sometime soon.
I do photograpy for a website called www.importvelocity.org we have about 25 models and they love the Porsches. Whoever is interested , let me know.
Its really nice to have some ho, um , I mean beautiful girls on your car. Makes a great garage poster.lol

Oh, I can't leave without showing a pic of my old car at the show with a little sample.
Enjoy.
I got a bunch more
Old 03-07-2006 | 02:27 PM
programmatore
Drifting

Hello ladies! Sign me up! Just give me a heads up so I can put a fresh coat of Zaino on the car -- I don't want the ladies sitting on my car and ruining the clearcoat.
Old 03-07-2006 | 02:52 PM
jsaindc
Burning Brakes

WOW!!! Vulture if you bring them to the next meet the turnout will be overwhelming.

Quick Reply: Thanks for spending all my money Rennlist. Anyone with PSE in DC?