Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Thanks for spending all my money Rennlist. Anyone with PSE in DC?

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2006, 02:43 AM
Vulture996
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gota911
I have been following this thread with keen interest. Since I live just outside of Charlotte, NC, it will be impossible for me to join you in person tomorrow (Saturday) to hear all of the exhausts. I was wondering if some of you that do NOT have Fabspeed, GHL, or PSE would be willing to post your opinion and give your impressions of each exhaust. While your preference may be obvious in your write-up, you will not be unduly biased by the fact that you already have XXX exhaust system.

What would be even more helpful is if one of you could record all of the exhaust sounds. I have heard all of them on the web, but each was recorded on a different machine in different settings. While listening to a recording is not the same as hearing them in person, recordings of all three in the same setting, on the same machine, would level the playing field a bit more.

I think others on the board might also appreciate the opinions and recordings. Thanks, in advance, for any feedback you can provide.
That would be me, Mr.Stocknote , LoL
I got you covered. Charging my little vid. camera up now.
Old 03-04-2006, 08:03 AM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Vulture996
That would be me, Mr.Stocknote , LoL
I got you covered. Charging my little vid. camera up now.
Vulture - Thanks for "volunteering" to do this. I look forward to reading your impressions and hearing the clips!
Old 03-04-2006, 09:03 AM
jsaindc
Burning Brakes

Received 40 Likes on 12 Posts

I hope to make it. The only way I will get out is if I can get the kids to take their nap at noon. Hope to see everyone.
Old 03-04-2006, 01:51 PM
justinmm2
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm coming! Gonna be a few minutes late, just woke up
Old 03-04-2006, 05:44 PM
jedier
Instructor

It was great meeting you guys today! Good to put faces on names, too.
That line up of 996s was a sweet sight! I'm very much looking forward to the next meet.
I can't wait to see the pics/vids (Vulture, Convert, Programmatore, we're counting on you!)

Vove, once the weather gets warmer, we should definitely get together for some car work. And I'll let you know once I'm done painting the calipers.

JM
Old 03-04-2006, 05:53 PM
evo_333
Three Wheelin'

pics please!!! How many people ended up going?
Old 03-04-2006, 06:11 PM
jedier
Instructor

There were about 8 of us. We had Vulture, Vove, 996Convert, Washington DC Porsche, Programmatore, and 2 others whose handle I didn't get (sorry, guys, not intentional in any way). There was even a guy from Dorkiphus who happened to be in the neighborhood and joined the meet when he saw the line-up.
Old 03-04-2006, 07:16 PM
washington dc porsche
Drifting

Ditto! The 996 threesome on 66 East was cool too.

Originally Posted by jedier
It was great meeting you guys today! Good to put faces on names, too.
That line up of 996s was a sweet sight! I'm very much looking forward to the next meet.
I can't wait to see the pics/vids (Vulture, Convert, Programmatore, we're counting on you!)

Vove, once the weather gets warmer, we should definitely get together for some car work. And I'll let you know once I'm done painting the calipers.

JM
Old 03-04-2006, 07:18 PM
washington dc porsche
Drifting

Programmatore was there!? Which car did he drive. You guys are going to make me have to bring the "Hello My Name is _______" stickers!

There were about 8 of us. We had Vulture, Vove, 996Convert, Washington DC Porsche, Programmatore, and 2 others whose handle I didn't get (sorry, guys, not intentional in any way). There was even a guy from Dorkiphus who happened to be in the neighborhood and joined the meet when he saw the line-up.
Old 03-04-2006, 07:42 PM
gxlex
Intermediate

Wink

I know you left me out on purpose cause mine is a 997 and not 996 LOL. we should try to get together when the weather warm up. Nice meeting you all.
Old 03-04-2006, 07:48 PM
jsaindc
Burning Brakes

Received 40 Likes on 12 Posts

Sorry I missed it...the wife had other plans. Hope to see some pics and meet up with everyone next time.

Last edited by jsaindc; 03-04-2006 at 07:59 PM. Reason: change wording
Old 03-04-2006, 08:16 PM
vove
Burning Brakes

It was good seeing everyone out enjoying their porsches. MOre people showed up than expected which is always a good thing. We definitely should do this again when its nicer outside. Here are some pics...

washington dc porsche-yeah Programmatore was there!! He had the blue cab with the ruf spoiler/sideskirts..

gxlex-your 997_S is sharp, cant' wait to see that baby dropped.

Jedier-I'm looking forward to it.

Last edited by vove; 03-04-2006 at 08:32 PM.
Old 03-04-2006, 09:09 PM
programmatore
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by washington dc porsche
Programmatore was there!? Which car did he drive. You guys are going to make me have to bring the "Hello My Name is _______" stickers!
LOL! Yeah, I was there. I am sneaky -- I used to be a ninja before I took up computer programming (or more likely my stock exhaust was too quiet you didn't notice my car pull up).

It was nice meeting everyone and hearing the sweet sounding exhausts.

I liked the GHL "regulars" a lot. They are loud enough -- I think the "loud" version may be too loud for me. I think they are a very good value for money.

The PSE on Vove's 3.4L sounded very nice. I thought they were as loud if not a bit louder than the GHL "regular". It has a lower growl -- especially on startup -- than the GHL. Vove, good call on not installing the switch -- if I had the PSE I would want it turned on all the time!

The PSE on GXLEX's 997 S is LOUD! Louder than Vove's PSE with a more pronounced "gurgle" when you let up on the throttle. Very sweet sounding and very aggressive!

All those Porsches lined up was a beautiful site. We had our fair share of rubber-neckers -- including one woman who took pictures of the lineup as well as Fair Oaks Mall security. Here are a few pictures:

Old 03-04-2006, 09:16 PM
programmatore
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

By the way... you guys are a bunch of outlaws! Did you not know that having a front license plate is required in D.C., VA and MD?
Old 03-04-2006, 09:41 PM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

vove - Good pics, thanks for sharing. It looks like it was a good turn out. I hope everyone was able to hear the different exhaust notes.

Quick Reply: Thanks for spending all my money Rennlist. Anyone with PSE in DC?