996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Bad Service Experience at Newport Auto Ctr

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2006, 02:45 AM
Tracym
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's funny. I first went to Mckenna to buy my first new 996 (2000). They started by telling me that they don't do test drives on weekends? I am thinking OK, that's basically a Fuc* off kid, you can't be serious (I was 32 at the time). So I then went to Newport only to be told that I could have any car I want a full sticker. I ended up at Walters and was treated great, got what I felt was a good deal at the time. I don't know what it is about Newport, they are so arrogant there. They really make you feel like you business means nothing to them. Glad I don't run my business that way.
Old 03-02-2006, 05:22 AM
Nicolaasdb
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yes PL I was kidding!! Of course it is not cheap...I use a independed, who only works and trades P's and they charge $85 per hour, which is still to much in my eyes...because working on an engine (any engine)....I am talking about basic maintenance (oil, belts etc) isn't brain surgery!! But I guess they can ask this much, because they do!
Old 03-02-2006, 12:55 PM
4s
Instructor

Hooligan- What's the name of your service guy at McKenna? Need to find a good one.
Old 03-02-2006, 01:28 PM
JTSPO
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Tracym
It's funny. I first went to Mckenna to buy my first new 996 (2000). They started by telling me that they don't do test drives on weekends? I am thinking OK, that's basically a Fuc* off kid, you can't be serious (I was 32 at the time). So I then went to Newport only to be told that I could have any car I want a full sticker. I ended up at Walters and was treated great, got what I felt was a good deal at the time. I don't know what it is about Newport, they are so arrogant there. They really make you feel like you business means nothing to them. Glad I don't run my business that way.
Good to hear you got treated well at Walter's. Here is my letter to the owner, I send out today:

Mr. Walter Kienle
C/o Mr. Larry Lewis
Walter’s Auto Sales & Services, Inc.
3210 Adams/Auto Center Drive
Riverside, CA 92504

Dear Mr. Kienle:

I recently encounter difficulty in resolving an issue regarding the quality of a repair to a damage that was caused by negligence while under the care of your Service Department.

In a nutshell, My 2002 Porsche 911 Carrera had paint damage upon my retrieval of the vehicle on January 30, 2006. It was subsequently repaired by your in-house/contract body shop. On February 2, 2006, I brought my vehicle to Marco’s Auto Body in South Pasadena for an inspection and I was told the repair was not of good quality and will likely lower the value of my vehicle.

I went to two other local reputable body shops for additional opinions and the opinion are echoing Marco’s view.

I have been in talk with Mr. Lewis in trying to resolve this for a month now. I even drove the vehicle, upon Mr. Lewis’ insistence, to your business a second time so he can inspect it on February 27, 2006 to accommodate his schedule. I was disappointed by his assertion that based on his staff’s input, the repair was adequate and there is nothing he will offer me to rectify this damage despite the professional opinion of three different body shops.

I am appealing to your good judgement and commitment to customers in resolving this matter. It was clearly demonstrated that the quality of the repair by your contractor is substandard and that issue shall be dealt with internally with the contractor and not borne by the customer. A highline vehicle dealership bearing your name should have the ability and commitment to conduct quality assurance and achieve high level of customer service. I would also like to discuss with you the situation where a new clutch was put on my vehicle while I went it for a different purpose if you so incline.

I appreciate your time and attention,
Old 03-02-2006, 02:12 PM
newport996
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by 4s
Hooligan- What's the name of your service guy at McKenna? Need to find a good one.
I use Dominic....has taken care of me very well....if you can...ask for Leo to work on your car....he is the most experienced there and when they have a problem car he is called in to fix the problem.
Old 03-02-2006, 02:26 PM
HooliganX
Racer

Originally Posted by 4s
Paul Paszkiewicz is his name. He'll take good care of you.
Old 03-02-2006, 02:36 PM
pl
Drifting

Originally Posted by Nicolaasdb
yes PL I was kidding!! Of course it is not cheap...I use a independed, who only works and trades P's and they charge $85 per hour, which is still to much in my eyes...because working on an engine (any engine)....I am talking about basic maintenance (oil, belts etc) isn't brain surgery!! But I guess they can ask this much, because they do!
so yesterday i talked to a guy in parking lot.
he payd $110/hour in toyota dealership !
Old 03-05-2006, 02:22 AM
TustinJim
Advanced

Received 35 Likes on 18 Posts

I've had both good and bad at Newport. They replaced my RMS in my CS4 relatively quickly (warranty work) and got a loaner car free, and they replaced my battery without a blink under warranty. They fixed a stuck headlamp removal wrench for free and in about 15 minutes. I had a 30,000 on a 993 and they discounted my loaner due to they not having parts in stock. However, they tried to get me to replace my tie rods and replace the clutch on the 993 and it didn't need it. Plus I asked them to do some extra work on my engine while it was out of the car and it was as I asked them for a new car. Pretty much snots, especially the woman in service who may or may not be there still. If I don't have warranty work, I take my cars to Hergesheimer (sp?) in Lake Forest. Great group of people who are very fair. Hoehn in Carlsbad did a decent job on a 30000 on the C4S, too.

Quick Reply: Bad Service Experience at Newport Auto Ctr