Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2003, 07:28 PM
ruey220
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Post Porsche 996 rear wing options

Hello,

I was curious if anyone has different recommendations for a rear wing on the 996...I currently have the stock aero wing that is identical to the GT3 wing except for the intake hole inside.

I am planning to upgade to a ROOCK turbo for the 996 when warranty expires next year, but the only problem I would have is they said they will need to alter the rear wing to fit the intercooler..I don't know how this would look and if it would look good at all.

Does anyone have any links or pics for other types of wings that resemble the GT3 wing and would still fit the intercooler under the engine lid?
Old 05-07-2003, 08:01 PM
03-C4S
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lots of companies offer different wings, such as TechArt, RUF, 9ff, TTP, and so on. All personal taste after that. My two cents, stay factory or dont do anything else. I just purchased a 9ff GT2 style wing for my C4S and it has just been one big headache. My car has been at the shop for almost three weeks now as they had to build on the wing and fix lots of pieces. Its definitely not worth it. Everyone else blames each other for a bad wing and so on. Lots of problems as the build is never perfect, materials not be tested, perfected, etc..
Old 05-07-2003, 09:03 PM
SPR
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
would your wing problem be mainly becuase of the place that manufactured it though, i.e. maybe not the best quality or at least finish etc.? there are so many manufacturers of winds and kits for 996's (check excellence) that there is much room for a range of quality. gt2 wings do look great though. I would like to see one on a narrow body. I have seen a turbo wing on a narrow body (techart) and it looked great.
Old 05-07-2003, 10:09 PM
03-C4S
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah they do look great, but lots of these top name companies do have problems. If you look very carefully at all the non factory kits they all have some type of issue with fit and finish. Such as lots of ripples and bubbles in the fiberglass, lots of ill fitment as pieces must be added to or cut to be perfect. I knew two people who got RUF products and were very unsatisfied with the wing, however, they were able to return them. Once I got my wing from 9ff and my body shop informed me that their was a problem, they refused to take it back because they said it had been slightly modified. Trust me stay stock or go for another OEM wing. It might look nice, but its after a pretty penny.
Old 05-08-2003, 09:49 AM
Sloth
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">Originally posted by ruey220:
[QB]
I am planning to upgade to a ROOCK turbo for the 996 when warranty expires next year, but the only problem I would have is they said they will need to alter the rear wing to fit the intercooler..I don't know how this would look and if it would look good at all.
QB]</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">You may want to do a search on Roock before you take the jump.

Quick Reply: Porsche 996 rear wing options