996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

2003 C4S Fair Purchase Price Opinions?

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2003, 07:21 PM
Shiloh
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post 2003 C4S Fair Purchase Price Opinions?

I have an opportunity to buy the Porsche sales manager's C4S with 300 miles on it for $71K. The only option are painted wheel crests. It lists for $82K. What do you all think?

Thanks In Advance
Old 05-03-2003, 08:08 PM
Bob H
Advanced

Thats a pretty good deal today, but it won't be a good deal in 2 months when the first 2004's hit the dealers and the lack of options is not a plus to me.
Old 05-03-2003, 11:02 PM
docjackson1
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
it's a very fair deal. the only problem is that if the car is a northern car, no basic options like heated seats, but this is a small problem. you are getting an $11,000 discount-you certainly can't get hurt with this deal.
Old 05-04-2003, 10:21 AM
ShortShift
Advanced

It is a very good deal. there has been a lot of discussion in this forum about the fact that when most people sell their straight 996s, they don't get their money back out of the options that may constitute up to $25K on a well equipped 996. However, the C4S has the most desirable options (PSM, Full Leather, AWD, 18" wheels, metallic Paint,power seats w/driver side memory, to name a few) as standard equipment. Try taking all the options that come standard on the C4S and build a Carrera on the Porsche web site and you will exceed the asking price of this C4S very fast.
I would jump on it because the C4S is one of the most desirable P cars because of low production.
Old 05-04-2003, 01:27 PM
Jack's dad
Advanced

Received 20 Likes on 3 Posts
I can think of two other variables to consider. First, "sales manager's car" is synonymous with "demo". If you are planning to lease the car for three years, and the car will be under warranty, no big deal perhaps. If I were buying the car with the intent on keeping for it a long time, I would want a car that had been broken in properly. You can be pretty sure this car has not been babied.

Second, since there are no options, the extent to which this price represents a good deal hinges on the color. You don't mention color in your post. Certain colors, especially silver, grey and black retain value much more than others, such as white, green and yellow. What color is the car?

Quick Reply: 2003 C4S Fair Purchase Price Opinions?