Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Women love Porsches too...

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2006 | 01:47 PM
BluemaxxRacing
Racer

I met one of those kinds of girls once. Got the digits, married her and now we both race together. Imagine the possibilities....
Old 02-22-2006 | 02:15 PM
996 Convert
Racer

pl, she gave it the old college try and bought a car and driver, said it was like reading in a foreign language. But at least she appreciates my appreciation for cars.

Bluemaxx, sounds expensive...
Old 02-22-2006 | 02:17 PM
gravedgr
Rennlist Member

My wife is a car nut too, but she lets me have all the toys and she drives the 'family car'. What a woman!
Old 02-22-2006 | 08:32 PM
Nicolaasdb
Drifting

my wife just complains about the wind when the roof is down.......I feel like All Bundy...(married with children) but then again he didn't drive a P and worked in a Shoe store....my goal each day is to find a excuse to take the P out for a drive....who cares about girls....they don't like us! They want a ride in the P...and they are stinking up my leather!! Just kidding, about everything but the wife part!
Old 02-23-2006 | 01:46 AM
jedier
Instructor

996 convert and Programmatore,
When I bought my p-car, the seller told me about the loaner he used to get at HBL and got me all excited: a Cayenne (not that it compares to the p-car but it's still nicer than the loaner I used to get from other, "non-german", dealers). The first time I took the p-car in, imagine my deception when they pointed me to a Cavalier (or similar)!

JM
Old 02-23-2006 | 02:04 AM
programmatore
Drifting

Originally Posted by jedier
996 convert and Programmatore,
When I bought my p-car, the seller told me about the loaner he used to get at HBL and got me all excited: a Cayenne (not that it compares to the p-car but it's still nicer than the loaner I used to get from other, "non-german", dealers). The first time I took the p-car in, imagine my deception when they pointed me to a Cavalier (or similar)!

JM
I don't use HBL, er, Porsche of Tysons anymore since my car is out of warranty. Now I take mine to Intersport in Tysons for service.

HBL is alright but like any other dealership, is pretty expensive compared to the independent shops. They have a few Cayenne S loaner cars but if you don't ask for the Cayenne then they will give you the standard Enterprise rental car. Get to know your service manager well and maybe he will hook you up.
Old 02-23-2006 | 07:51 AM
Phil G.
Race Car

The word 'screw' is recurring in your post - think there's a message here? Isn't fantasy wonderful?
Old 02-23-2006 | 11:02 AM
996 Convert
Racer

Ha, that was my opening line. "So it sounds like you picked up a screw too..." She was slightly surprised but definitely intrigued.

jedier and programmatore,

after I scraped up the crew cab pickup, my service advisor felt bad and gave me a free upgrade. so the enterprise girl shows me a brand new CTS. No p-car but not dab for a rental right? Guess what. They charged me an extra $10 a day. This was a level above the upgrade to an Impala. How cheesy can you get?
Old 02-23-2006 | 12:22 PM
SoCal911C4
Cruisin'

Thumbs up Wife...Porsche...Happy Ending...

My wife was the one who encouraged me to get the 911 Cab in the first place. I was reluctant to pull the trigger at the time because one kid was just entering college ($42K/yr.) and two more in HS on their way. (Trying to talk them into first 2 years at a JC saving $41K/yr but it's a losing argument.)

Anyway, my wife talked me up saying I deserved a 911, I should reward myself, business relationships would benefit, even leaned in close and murmered how she loves a man in a Porsche. Did I mention that before kids she was a senior negotiator for a major defense contractor? She's smooth.

Now, she finds all kinds of excuses to drive the car! I have to take it out just to reset the shift points on the transmission and feed the beast some acceleration on a regular basis. It really hurt when I found bobby pins in the center ashtray holder. And they weren't mine!

Do I really mind? No. I love that she enjoys it as much as me, she looks GREAT in the car (benefits me by association), and she wasn't kidding when she said she really LOVES a man in a Porsche. All good!
Old 02-23-2006 | 02:45 PM
djantlive
Drifting

I'd have offered her a ride in the 911 to get some coffee. Or, at least get her email/phone. Big mistake...

Your GF will work harder and be more attentive if you have something on the side. Chicks can smell each other or something!
Old 02-23-2006 | 03:27 PM
fast1
Race Car

Anyway, my wife talked me up saying I deserved a 911, I should reward myself, business relationships would benefit, even leaned in close and murmered how she loves a man in a Porsche. Did I mention that before kids she was a senior negotiator for a major defense contractor? She's smooth.

Dam, where in the hell do you guys find women like this. In my case money is not the issue, it's the wife. She looks at cars as simple appliances, and thinks that anyone who spends lots of money on them are infantile.
Old 02-23-2006 | 03:42 PM
gravedgr
Rennlist Member

Get a different wife.

After getting the 911 we went to watch a DE event. She really liked it and suggested I get a used M3 for a full-time track car.

Its all in finding the right woman.
Old 02-23-2006 | 04:50 PM
redduck996
Burning Brakes

Default re

hahaha that was a good one..

I'm going to check out porsche of rockville. maybe they will let a youngster like me test drive the cayman..

Originally Posted by CarlosR
She'd have to be REAL cute to make it worth hanging around HBL!

=Carlos=
Old 02-23-2006 | 05:05 PM
programmatore
Drifting

Originally Posted by redduck996
hahaha that was a good one..

I'm going to check out porsche of rockville. maybe they will let a youngster like me test drive the cayman..
Actually, HBL is pretty good (at least in my experience) when it comes to test drives. There are a lot of Internet millionaires and AOL folks and the like in this area and HBL knows what's up. One salesman even let me take the car out for a couple of hours after I told him I don't have time to test drive the car because I need to pick up my girlfriend at the time in D.C. Of course I ended up buying that car because my girlfriend liked the car so much when I picked her up in it and wouldn't stop talking about it.
Old 02-23-2006 | 09:03 PM
justinmm2
Burning Brakes

So I (genuinely) forgot to mention in my intro thread that my dad is Mike Maurer, whom *hopefully* some of you know and love? Maybe? He actually worked at HBL for a brief period (Feb->Sep of '05?), but has since moved on to bigger and better things

Quick Reply: Women love Porsches too...