996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

A ding!!!!!! Aaaaaaaarghhhhh!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2006, 01:59 AM
thewump
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Having a P car gets me in shape because I always end up walking the full length of the parking lot from the places where nobody else park.

My typical "spot" is tight to the right side of the far right space on a line. That way:

1) I only risk one side of the car
2) As I don't have to park in the middle of the space, I give the idiots more space to open their doors
3) As I'm on the passenger side of the idiots car there may not be an idiot opening their door on my side.

Still.. Every time I come back to the car and find that someones parked beside me I check it.. the question is, what do you do when you get back and find the ding, and have a pretty good idea of who it is? Leave a note and tell them they are an idiot?

Keith
Old 04-07-2006, 12:05 PM
Eli at Pelican
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had a paintless dent guy come by yesterday and he fixed a small dimple in my fender I made while backing the M3 out of the garage and tipping the mountain bike over.....

Since there were 4 of us there my price was $50 bucks total.....

-Eli
Old 04-07-2006, 01:01 PM
Riad
Chandler!
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 20 Posts

Picked up the car today and it looks perfect. Only problem is that they repainted my bumper and they weren't supposed to. But they were supposed to refinish the rim and didn't do that... I have no clue what they were thinking, but I'm not paying for the bumper so it is what it is.
Old 04-07-2006, 01:48 PM
marlinspike
Burning Brakes

Received 55 Likes on 40 Posts

Lemme gues riad, they never actually gave you an estimate for the wheels and with the bumper you asked them to touch it up and not repaint it though they didn't write that part down either? It seems even the best body shops, if you don't watch him write it down on the slip it'll either not happen at all or too much will happen.
Old 04-07-2006, 03:17 PM
nycebo
Three Wheelin'

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by riad
But they were supposed to refinish the rim and didn't do that...
You can have wheel curb rash refinished?
Old 04-07-2006, 03:19 PM
Riad
Chandler!
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by nycebo
You can have wheel curb rash refinished?
Yes, the turbo twist rims are painted. Then can bondo them just like any other body part, then repaint them. They look brand new for about $150.
Old 04-07-2006, 03:20 PM
Riad
Chandler!
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by marlinspike
Lemme gues riad, they never actually gave you an estimate for the wheels and with the bumper you asked them to touch it up and not repaint it though they didn't write that part down either? It seems even the best body shops, if you don't watch him write it down on the slip it'll either not happen at all or too much will happen.
I have the work order in writing. Clearly states to just do the quarter panel, and the right rear rim.... who knows what they were thinking.

Quick Reply: A ding!!!!!! Aaaaaaaarghhhhh!!!