Notices
996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Extended warranty question - anyone heard of Prizm Total Protection Plan?

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2006, 06:43 PM
xraydoc
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Extended warranty question - anyone heard of Prizm Total Protection Plan?

I read all the previous post on extended warranties and the opinions seemed very mixed. My understanding is that you can only get a third party warranty if you car is not CPO. Mine is a private party purchase 2002 with 15k still under factory warranty until Sept of this year. I talked to Park Place Porsche in Dallas where the car was purchased and they said they could add the "Total Protection Plan" which is administered by Prizm Administrative Solutions. It is essentially total coverage minus wear\tear and emmissions. The policy list the exclusions of what is not covered all which seemed reasonable. Everything not listed is covered including the RMS.

My question is has anyone dealt with this company?

They are offering to extend the warranty to 7 years (add 3 years) and to 85k miles which gives me 60k miles over the next three years - plenty for my driving. Total cost is $3000.
Old 02-17-2006, 08:04 PM
every day
Racer

I'm in the industry and have never heard of that company - that doesn't mean that they're not good, they're just a smaller, regional company. Prizm administers the claims, you need to find out what insurance company is backing them - that's where the money is.

If you just want to buy a contract, I can put you in touch with a great dealer that sells the strongest contract/company in the market.
Old 02-17-2006, 09:19 PM
Van Larson
Rennlist Member

Received 156 Likes on 113 Posts

Please e-mail me specs as my Factory warranty expires 5/31/06. TIA. V
Old 02-17-2006, 09:55 PM
every day
Racer

Van Larson - I assume that your reply was directed towards me. If so, need to know mileage on car, year/make/model, miles driven per year, and how long you plan on keeping the car for. Feel fre to pm me if you want to.

Quick Reply: Extended warranty question - anyone heard of Prizm Total Protection Plan?