Sponsored by:

rattle on passenger side

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2006, 03:09 AM
delirium
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rattle on passenger side

I have a rattle that is on the passenger side somewhere, I can't find it though. The car is empty, and it is more noticable when I am turning to the left, but also happens on the straights too... It is not really a quiet rattle, it is definately audible. Any idea what it can be? Any tips on how to track it down?
Old 02-14-2006, 06:16 AM
Nicolaasdb
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

it is probably the passenger!!! Kick them out....

but seriously..does it come from inside and so front or back of cabin?
Old 02-14-2006, 07:05 AM
fast1
Race Car

Received 221 Likes on 146 Posts

Have someone ride in the passenger seat to help you locate the source. Once you pin it down to a specific area, either you or your passenger can push against specific parts of the car to pinpoint the source. Also, before you do that check to see if you have anything lying around unsecured like sunglasses.
Old 02-14-2006, 10:27 AM
kilrgt
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I had a rattle on the same side, It was drving me NUTS i could'nt find it, it spent a week at the dealer, and they did find it..believe it or not it was the striker plate on the door.
Old 03-02-2006, 03:42 AM
delirium
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kilrgt
I had a rattle on the same side, It was drving me NUTS i could'nt find it, it spent a week at the dealer, and they did find it..believe it or not it was the striker plate on the door.
Is the striker plate the metal loop on the door sill side of the car? If that is the striker plate, mine feels tight.. could you tell it was loose? I just want to be able to try to direct the dealer in the right direction when I go in.
Old 03-02-2006, 08:05 AM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by delirium
Is the striker plate the metal loop on the door sill side of the car? If that is the striker plate, mine feels tight.. could you tell it was loose? I just want to be able to try to direct the dealer in the right direction when I go in.
delirium - inatalling the aluminum pedals as part of the group buy will make the rattle go away.... at least for a day!

Quick Reply: rattle on passenger side