996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Karl et al. More help with TT brakes.

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2003, 10:01 PM
salilymay
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Karl et al. More help with TT brakes.

Just want to make sure that I order the correct parts for my brake conversion. As I am sure that the dealer will not allow special orders to be returned.
From the parts you listed in your 6/11/03 post I have confirmed that the parts I have are in fact TT brakes and rotors. Now I need to install them on my 1999 C2.
Because I do not have AWD is it correct to assume that I should buy all of the parts you list to convert a C2 to a GT3? Also, because my car came with the TT "look" 18in wheels is it correct that I will not need the spacers? Thanks again for the help. Salazar
Old 06-13-2003, 10:08 PM
SPR
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
check here they sell the conversion and it pictures the parts

<a href="http://www.evoms.com/porsche%20ec%20art.htm" target="_blank">http://www.evoms.com/porsche%20ec%20art.htm</a>

under 996/brakes at the bottom
Old 06-13-2003, 10:26 PM
ben in lj
Addict
Rennlist Member

again, fwiw, i will know in about a week whether i will be selling my 4k mile old TT/GT3 brake set (rotors, calipers, pads, etc) "with" the required GT3 wheel hub/carriers. i'm sure i'll be a quite a bit less than the new ($4500) price if you're intersted.

PS. the set came with a set of tiny spacers for either the front or the back if i remember so i suspect you'll need something like that. i'm using the 5mm ones i bought seperately now.
Old 06-14-2003, 01:08 AM
Karl S
Burning Brakes

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">Originally posted by salilymay:
<strong>Because I do not have AWD is it correct to assume that I should buy all of the parts you list to convert a C2 to a GT3? Also, because my car came with the TT "look" 18in wheels is it correct that I will not need the spacers? Thanks again for the help. Salazar</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">Salazar,

You are correct. The parts I listed are what you need. You want the GT3 wheel carriers, not the TT ones. I don't think you need the wheel spacers but I have not personally fitted those wheels so I can't say for sure. You will know immediately if the inside of the wheels don't clear the calipers in front. It's not a problem in the rear because those wheels are deeper to begin with.

Karl

Quick Reply: Karl et al. More help with TT brakes.