Sponsored by:

Holbert Porsche

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2006, 08:04 AM
Phil G.
Race Car

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Holbert Porsche

After getting my '04 C4S from Isringhausen, I find a few "minor" issues - torn carpet on passenger side, lower side rocker panel out of alignment, interior rattle, etc. With the weather holding here in PA, I take the car to Holbert's in Warrington and meet with their service manager, Jerry Gross. About an hour after I go over the car with him, I get a call at home - he asks if I noticed the "stone chip and scratch" on the roof - well, having waxed the car earlier this week, I can tell you the car has zero chips. The dealership is 5 miles from my house and I'm always careful driving behind anyone. You would think I would have heard something. I'm going to drive over to the dealership tomorrow to see what they're talking about, but I can't say the dealership instilled confidence in me on my first visit - I've had VWs and Audis serviced there before, but of course, never a P-car.

Am I just being completely neurotic about this or should I be leery of Holberts, since I really have an uneasy feeling about this. The car is basically new with only 1K miles - I really don't want anyone f-ing it up, if you know what I mean. BTW, Isringhausen is taking responsibility for fixing the carpet and rocker panel. Please relay any experiences you've had with their service dept. and body shop as to the quality and reliability of thier work. Your comments are very much appreciated!

Phil G.
'04 C4S Coupe/Atlas/Black/6sp
Old 02-09-2006, 08:52 AM
Nicolaasdb
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

that sucks...because how can you proof they did it (the scratches on the roof!) What I noticed when I service my other car (Honda) they always walk around it with a special paper and write down where the dings and scratches are...you should expect a P dealership to do the same or better!!
Goodluck with it...and remember it is a car and you will get scratches and chips and dings in your doors, because there are individuals who don't care, life with their heads up their you know what!!
Old 02-09-2006, 12:25 PM
Shark
Burning Brakes

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

I had the PPI on my car done there. They have a good reputation, but because of their location they have to leave cars outside at times.....so some ahole walking around outside MAY have done it, but why would they pick the roof?

I'm betting it really happened in traffic.
Old 02-09-2006, 12:36 PM
yetis
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My car starting its "in-service" life at Holbert. In the few times I have dealt with them, they have been great. They were incredibly forthright with the prior history of the car, and seemed very knowledgeable.
Old 02-09-2006, 08:28 PM
Phil G.
Race Car

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I agree that it likely happened in traffic. So far they've been great communicating everything with me - even asking if I want the Isringhausen sticker removed from the windshield before the PA inspection stickers go on (yes!). I'm taking a run out there tomorrow to check on progress. Will keep you posted.

Phil

Quick Reply: Holbert Porsche