Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2006, 02:12 PM
Robin 993DX
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Questions for some known problems

Was curious if there are any known problems with:

(1). SAI (Secondary Air injection) ports? They are an issue on the 993s as the injection ports would get pluged up and cause a check engine light to come on. The check engine light came on in my 996 recently and it was caused by SAI. Was wondering if anyone else had this issue.

(2). Vapor lock issue - I noticed that whenever if I drove the car hard on a hot day, after couple of hours it would take double amount of time to crank the engine in order to start. I am guess it is related to vapor lock, anyone else have the same experiences?

TIA
Old 02-08-2006, 02:39 PM
vove
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Robin 993DX
Was curious if there are any known problems with:

(1). SAI (Secondary Air injection) ports? They are an issue on the 993s as the injection ports would get pluged up and cause a check engine light to come on. The check engine light came on in my 996 recently and it was caused by SAI. Was wondering if anyone else had this issue.

(2). Vapor lock issue - I noticed that whenever if I drove the car hard on a hot day, after couple of hours it would take double amount of time to crank the engine in order to start. I am guess it is related to vapor lock, anyone else have the same experiences?

TIA
Im no help but I have had the 2nd issue happen on many occasion on my 964 and the 996, especially on hot summer days.

Quick Reply: Questions for some known problems