Sponsored by:

PPI in Potomac, MD

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2002, 11:31 AM
Malcolm
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post PPI in Potomac, MD

I'm looking for a reputable Porsche dealer/mechanic to perform a PPI ( Pre-purchase Inspection ) on a 993. The car is in the Potomac, MD area.
Does anybody have any recommendations.

TIA.

Malcolm.
Old 12-10-2002, 12:11 PM
Ash996
Advanced

Hello,

i got my 99 996 PPI'd at HBL in Tysons. some folks on this board dont liek that place (the salesmen who work there have a strange attitude, act like they are doing you a favor by selling you a car) but the service department isnt bad. The PPI cost about $150 and I actually got to go over it with the tech. His name was Harry I think and he was the head guy. Mike Milloy is the head of Porsche Service there and he can get you an appointment and walk through your results. I trusted them more than a shop because they were a dealer but that could be flawed logic.

Ashraf
Old 12-10-2002, 12:14 PM
Jim Michaels
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Malcolm:

Go to <a href="http://www.pcapotomac.org" target="_blank">www.pcapotomac.org</a> and click on Porsche Talk and ask there. There should be several good places for a PPI around Potomac MD.
Old 12-10-2002, 12:52 PM
kwk
AutoX

You can try Ivan Arzola of IMA Motorsports in Fairfax: (703) 849-9590

Porsche of Arlington is also close by.
Old 12-10-2002, 10:12 PM
StephenB
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Malcolm:

I have also had good service from HBL's Mike Malloy. I have used them a couple of times and have been very happy with the Porsche service team (I will not comment on the sales staff).

I purchased my first 911 from Heishmans (now Porsche of Arlington) at the ripe old age of 31. The sales staff there had no problem letting me test drive their stock. I have not had any service work done there (they are a PCA sponser).

When I purchased my 996 last year, Auto Sportsystems Group in Fairfax did my PPI. As always, the job was thorough and they went over everything with me in great detail. They have done nearly all of my Porsche maintenance for the past 7 years.

Good luck with your purchase. Enjoy!

Quick Reply: PPI in Potomac, MD