Sponsored by:

Any Experience w/Autohaus West, Lake Forest, CA

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2006, 12:46 AM
slaaw
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Question Any Experience w/Autohaus West, Lake Forest, CA

I'm interested in a Porsche being sold by these guys and was wondering if anyone who has done any business with them could chime in on the experience. They are an independent dealer in Orange County, CA and have a nice selection consisting mainly of Porsches but do sell several other brands as well.
Old 02-04-2006, 12:59 AM
SANDOVAL
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Ira was my next door neighbor in a business park which was located in Laguna Hills. At the time I had a startup ISP and he had his Auto leasing/sales business run out of this small office with warehouse space. They moved a few highline cars every day he did really well. All repeat customers I got to know him over the few years we were there. He was a big reason why I am such a Porsche Nut today. He let me drive my first Porsche (97 993 Black/Black) when I was 20 Years old He had me drive it up the hill to his house which was a couple miles away. I stalled twice getting out of the parking lot and he did not say a word. Just said let her out easy. They had so many sweet exotics go through that place. The Lambo SUV was one of the vehicles that made me say WOW. Anyway he has come a long way.
Old 02-04-2006, 01:05 AM
Nutbeem
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, there you go!
Old 02-04-2006, 01:50 AM
ElTorrente
Burning Brakes

I bought my C2 from there- nice guys and professional, with an awesome selection.

When I was there they started up a Lambo Murcielago inside the showroom and it was a scary beast.
Old 02-04-2006, 02:04 AM
joes c4 cab
Rennlist Member

Received 42 Likes on 25 Posts

I shopped there before buying my car - in fact I was looking for a 993 I had seen in an ad, but it had been sold and they convinced me to look at the 996. They were very cool and even pointed out the differences in the 2002 model they had in stock. I did not end up buying from them, but they were very friendly.
Old 02-04-2006, 05:41 AM
delirium
Racer

I was looking there before I bought my C2. Friendly guys & helpful too. No Pressure sales tactics, but I didnt buy from them because I found another (cleaner) car.
Old 02-04-2006, 11:34 AM
SMR996
Burning Brakes

I also bought my 1999 C2 from them as well.....

They are just like any dealer, they want to sell cars.... no more "buy today" pressure than any other dealer..

They were very helpful when I asked them to send the car to my shop for the PPI and didn't say a word when i wanted to test drive the car for a 3rd time.....

If and when I am in the market for an upgrade (read GT3), I will not hesitate buying from them again.....

Last edited by SMR996; 02-06-2006 at 11:44 AM.
Old 02-04-2006, 01:27 PM
delirium
Racer

I drive 3 of their cars, one of them i drove 3 times... they are good about letting you get the feel of the car by driving it, and they are good about getting you in the car that you want... There is a little bit of pressure from them, but be smart and it wont get to you.
Old 02-05-2006, 07:48 PM
DBJones
Track Day

I bought from them as well. They are very nice. Just make sure you go over every "little" thing on the car and get it independently checked out. Small stuff sure adds up in a hurry. 7/10 experience
Old 02-05-2006, 11:36 PM
Lohr
Track Day

I have found that their prices are a bit above what you would expect from the average dealership and I noticed a few problems on vehicles that should have been taken care of if they even remotely wanted to justify the premium prices they wanted. I got into a very clean 99 c4 (from another dealership) for about 5k less than they wanted for a base model c2 with more miles.
I would say a great place to begin shopping as you can compare the different years/models all in one place and figure out what you want. Actually, try motorcarz direct right around the corner from them, very nice CLEAN vehicles for quite resonable prices.
Old 02-06-2006, 12:19 AM
eurotrashed
Instructor

In my experience, I went to look at cars there twice. The cars pictured on their website inventory page were long gone, so I ended up looking at what was actually on the lot both days. While their cars were very clean, their prices were high. Not sure how much they would deal, because it never got that far.

I was kind of bothered by the fact that when I got there they said they knew the cars were gone, and I asked them why they didn't remove them from their website, and it was, well you know, we are real busy around here.
Old 02-06-2006, 03:49 AM
Nicolaasdb
Drifting

they are a little expensive (thinking that they are a real P dealer)...but they are cool and yes like any other car dealer lying their way into a sale...I bought my '99 911 996 cab trip there.

Like the main sales guy said: I wouldn't have bought the car if I thought it would be no good...I like to keep a good reputation....and knock on wood 7K (5 months) later and still going strong!
(Hope I didn't yincks(!?) anything!!!
They gave me the keys and let me take the car out no problem, no annoying sales guy in the passenger seat trying to distract you...very cool sales guys..and the small problems (mirrors didn't work well, ash tray broken) were dealt with right away. They even replaced the rear window in the cab, without me having to ask for it and threw in a wind diffuser, I would go there again when the time comes to get another P or any of the other super cars they sell.
Old 02-06-2006, 03:51 AM
Nicolaasdb
Drifting

I checked online first and the cars features online....were all on their lot....after I bought mine..it stayed online for about 2/3 week after..which was nice for me to look at the images..because I was to lazy to take them myself!
Old 02-25-2012, 03:55 PM
tellitlikeitis
1st Gear

Angry Typical Lying Used Car Salesmen

Paul - that's the guy. Paul called me, wanted to buy my 2006 Cayman S. I confirmed with Paul that I did not want to leave the car on consignment, to which he agreed. "You'll have a check for me, right?" "Of course" Paul lies to me.

I drove down today and was told that they would not buy my car as previously agreed to but would put it in consignment. They agreed my car was perfect but said they had "just bought three caymans yesterday". Right.

Liars. It's the old bait-and-switch tactic. Get you down there and screw you in person. I took a good look at their inventory, and it was not impressive.

I am convinced that they never intended to purchase my car as agreed and always intended to get it on consignment. BEWARE! If you get a call from Autohaus saying they want your car, run.

I wouldn't by a car from these people; they've proven that they are unethical and will agree to anything just to get you on the lot.
Old 02-27-2012, 11:48 PM
tarzancoe
Instructor

I got car from them. It worked out for me, but I was not impressed at all. As somebody said, they are in the business of selling cars, not of customer service. On a positive note the extended warranty they sold me was good I used it without problems.

Quick Reply: Any Experience w/Autohaus West, Lake Forest, CA