Sponsored by:

B & M SHORT SHIFTER INSTALLED

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2002, 10:18 PM
buckdr1
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Waz, Ref- Porsche won't install them is not quite correct. The Factory might not...but my local dealer here in Ct. did on my new '02 C-2..& with there( in writing)blessing. They Will honor tranmission warrentee!
Perhaps it's because they loused up my original order & it didn't come w/ the "Sports EX" installed, & I was a bit PO'D.

buck
Old 12-07-2002, 12:43 PM
elias
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Waz, an hour of your free time and you can have that car shifting like a champ. It takes more time to remove the center console and trim pieces; than it takes to install the B&M shifter it self. The only real hard part of the B&M is getting the stock plastic bushings out. I actually cut them out with a Dremel Rotary tool (like butter). Just mark the factory setting on the engage/disengage springs... I didn't do that so I had to readjust the reverse rod a few times before I got it right. (I actually thought it was better after I adjusted than when it came off the boat.)

Here is when my story gets a little twisted... I always thought the new shifter required an extra amount of force to get it in gear (especially in the cold)... Then after I had it for a month; My wife drove the car and asked me why it was so hard to get in to gear?

So, I ordered the EVO kit... Intalled this one. It didn't really increase the force required to get into gear... just didn't reduce the throw enough for my likeing. Also, with the Evo kit, the shifter rod would lean more to the right side of the car; not cantered like stock (or B&M...Not acceptable) Out went that one.

Lastly... the Tech art. No problems and easy install.

Elias

Quick Reply: B & M SHORT SHIFTER INSTALLED