Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey, where's Bob's comment?
Old 02-03-2006, 05:48 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by porsche-t
Hey, where's Bob's comment?
Oh, he'll be along any moment now............
Old 02-03-2006, 06:16 PM
Dave Howerdel
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ray S
1) Take the money
2) Sell the car
3) Buy somthing else
4) Move on with your life
5) Post the vin so if I come across it, i'll know to run screaming in the other direction.
Old 02-03-2006, 06:26 PM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Originally Posted by Ray S
1) Take the money
2) Sell the car
3) Buy somthing else
4) Move on with your life
Originally Posted by Dave Howerdel
5) Post the vin so if I come across it, i'll know to run screaming in the other direction.
6. Re-badge it with a "blue oval" (Ford).

Last edited by gota911; 02-03-2006 at 07:17 PM.
Old 02-03-2006, 06:47 PM
joes c4 cab
Rennlist Member

Received 43 Likes on 26 Posts

Thats my next question - IF I try to sell it private party, do I advertise "rebuilt engine with warranty" or just trade it in and be done so no one can come back to me?
Old 02-03-2006, 06:49 PM
pl
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by joes c4 cab
Thats my next question - IF I try to sell it private party, do I advertise "rebuilt engine with warranty" or just trade it in and be done so no one can come back to me?
believe me, when you shop around for trade-in, assuming you don't buy another car, the number dealers give you will make you keep your car.

and if you private sale, better be honest.
Old 02-03-2006, 07:17 PM
munro86
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like hush money-hypothetically speaking of course
Old 02-03-2006, 08:14 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

What warranty??? You mean that "90 day" warranty you were offered. That's not a warranty, that's a gamble.
Old 02-03-2006, 10:04 PM
Paul Marangoni
Three Wheelin'

Yikes.....I don't like where this is going to end up....
Old 02-03-2006, 11:39 PM
Chris 996
Racer

Now - to the meat of this thread.

Yesterday I picked up the reman. engine for $4200 + $1000 core because my sleeve is cracked. Add to that $1200 for R & R (because it is a C4) and so far I am in to this for $6400.00, plus tax. Car should be done today or Monday because the mechanic needs the lift space.

In my letter to Porsche last Friday, I included pics of my engine's cracked sleeve, and the Post that Bob put together about the 84 non-RMS engine failures (thanks Bob).

Now, let's say, HYPOTHETICALLY of course, that you were in my position and received an overnight letter from PCNA with a HYPOTHETICAL good-will offer of $2000 cash for your trouble HYPOTHETICALLY "based on the service history of my C4 Cab."

Would you accept a HYPOTHETICAL offer like this because it is better than nothing, or do you think they realize I am right and are trying to initially buy me off cheap?

Push for more or take the HYPOTHETICAL $$?

Thanks.
You just showed your cards.......... The Attorneys at Porsche are reading this thread.
Old 02-04-2006, 12:43 AM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Have to agree with Chris on this one. NEVER post like you did. Anyone who thinks that PCNA and/or PAG doesn't troll this board is dellusional.
Old 02-04-2006, 01:02 AM
jury_ca
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I conjecture you're not gonna get a better offer from Porsche. If you do not accept and ask for more, they have a right to rescind the initial offer.
Old 02-04-2006, 01:27 AM
bobporsche996
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

in terms of my response, i'm glad that my posting potentially contributed to you getting financially compensated... that 84 engine post was simply what it was.. use it for what you want.. research in buying a porsche and deciding on what year has the most issues, debating on a cpo or not, etc.. apparently you found a great use for it yourself

now porsche making you sign a confidentiality agreement to "shut up" is a bit upsetting, as it shows they have some skeletons in the closet, that they do know about, and don't want to risk a lawsuit/having the cat get out of the bag, this info being sent to magazines, etc..

in terms of porsche rescending their offer from this post, (hypothetically) if it were true, I doubt that, because it would show porsche is "admitting" to reading these boards.. and legally that puts them in some hot water from conciously knowing about serious potential problems by reading and acknowleging posts being made as fact and not acting on them... which could open up pandoras box in a lawsuit with discovery/deposition of the individual(s) that read this forum involved..

either way, glad i could help joe.. good luck with everything...
Old 02-04-2006, 02:01 AM
joes c4 cab
Rennlist Member

Received 43 Likes on 26 Posts

I spoke to my attorney today and faxed over a letter to him with the hypothetical offer. He called the Customer Care rep and she basically said that is all there is - no more.

I wish I was as rich as Bob and could fight over the principal. However, since I was planning on selling the car anyway, the $2000 could make a difference in recouping some of my costs.

I have a feeling this car will never have a problem again. I am not the luckiest when it comes to cars - in a year and a half my 996 was hit twice and had the engine failure. Meanwhile my wife's car suffered 2 flat tires. I once had a car keyed while sitting nicely between its parking space in valet, got a flat by hitting a pothole, etc etc etc. It is really hard having a nice car these days cuz people do not give a damn about OPP.

Anyway, I have to think this over. 1/2 of me says they know they have a problem and are trying to keep me quiet - forbidding me to discuss any hypothetical settlement offer would not proclude me from making noise to help others who have the same problem. The other 1/2 says the $2K would be a nice addition to my daughters' college fund.
Old 02-04-2006, 07:40 AM
tinymcoupe
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

from a fellow neighbor in Huntington Beach and previously in Seal Beach; like others have said before - take the money and run!

Quick Reply: Engine Replacement IV