996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Smart Top/ Remote Top Group Buy

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2006, 02:59 PM
nycebo
Three Wheelin'

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

I concur with Trozenhorse. It'd be AWESOME if they would match the deal they gave Dell and Rennlist just 3 months ago.
Old 02-01-2006, 03:30 PM
deputydog95
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

this is the best deal we can get. their original pricing was more in line with being introductory and new to the marketplace.

they ARE NOT going to lower the price any more. believe me, i have tried. even though their base price is higher than before, $40 is the most they have EVER taken off for a group by. we have not gotten any additional buyers from 6speed or speedbrigade. all we have is what is posted here.

as far as the gentlemen inquiring about the remotekey, i think you mean the remotetop. you can purchase just the remote top.

it is what it is, boys....

this is still a better deal than retail, and does include shipping and the free tool if you buy both. i am not sure if dell's deal included shipping or the tool.

anyway, the group buy will probalby be opening today. i will post more details. there are a couple kinks i need to work out with them as far as the ordering process goes.

once the GB code is posted and the mininum number of orders are reached, the products will begin shipping.

more details to follow.

i thought i was pretty up front about the pricing. if anyone wants to back out based on account that it is not a good enough deal, please let me know now so we can have an accurate head count. $80 off the pair, free shipping, and the free tool isn't too shabby. not as good as i would have liked, but as good as it's going to get.
Old 02-01-2006, 04:38 PM
Idocdes
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

DDog
Thanks for all your efforts! As part of my "shopping" I checked on ebay, the ebay posting is "the companies"; when I inquired about a combination purchase(remoteTop+smartTop, the deal was sweetened by a $20 discount + tool and shipping. $40 per item + free tool is a far better value. I will watch for future info.
Old 02-01-2006, 04:56 PM
nycebo
Three Wheelin'

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Dog, I think that everyone on the list is confirmed. Indeed, they, including myself, agreed at the price you got for us and it's a better deal than nothing. I think that Trozenhorse simply wanted to see if there was any more juice that you could squeeze from the stone. Your efforts are totally appreciated. Thanks again.
Old 02-01-2006, 06:04 PM
deputydog95
Rennlist Member

okay, here it is. the GB is officially open. here is the info:

Here's the promotion code: "RLGB060201"

For technical reasons each product must be ordered seperately: Groupbuyers who want smartTOP and remoteTOP/KEY should please enter 2 seperate orders using that groupbuy code. This way you will get the groupbuy rebate on each product, they will
include the toolset for free on those orders.
Old 02-01-2006, 06:07 PM
pl
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by deputydog95
okay, here it is. the GB is officially open. here is the info:

Here's the promotion code: "RLGB060201"

For technical reasons each product must be ordered seperately: Groupbuyers who want smartTOP and remoteTOP/KEY should please enter 2 seperate orders using that groupbuy code. This way you will get the groupbuy rebate on each product, they will
good job. d-dog.
Old 02-01-2006, 06:08 PM
deputydog95
Rennlist Member

i'm taking paypal donations to offset my purchase price if you guys really want to show your appreciation
Old 02-01-2006, 11:15 PM
jedier
Instructor

Order's placed.
Thanks Dog!

Last edited by jedier; 02-01-2006 at 11:32 PM.
Old 02-01-2006, 11:22 PM
pl
Drifting

i'm taking paypal donations to offset my purchase price if you guys really want to show your appreciation
Old 02-01-2006, 11:39 PM
deputydog95
Rennlist Member

please get your orders in as soon as possible. i believe this buy runs till the 10th. however, they won't ship till at least ten orders of each product are placed so that they can commit to the special pricing.
Old 02-02-2006, 12:33 AM
smackboy1
Pro

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Groupbuyers who want smartTOP and remoteTOP/KEY should please enter 2 seperate orders using that groupbuy code. This way you will get the groupbuy rebate on each product, they will
Hey Dog, thanks for organizing the group buy, muchos gracias. I'm confused about how to order both SmartTOP and RemoteTOP together:

1) Add SmartTOP and RemoteTOP as 2 separate items on the same order, instead of adding the combo package i.e. you only enter your credit card and address info once;

OR

2) Place one completed order for SmartTOP, and then subsequently place a 2nd entirely separate order for RemoteTOP i.e. you enter your credit card and address info twice.

Sorry if I'm a bit dense.
Old 02-02-2006, 01:00 AM
programmatore
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

I just placed my order for the SmartTOP. $319 - $40 (group buy discount) + free shipping. Thanks 'Dog!
Old 02-02-2006, 01:03 AM
Nicolaasdb
Drifting

okay signed sealed...now waiting for the delivery!!!! Can't wait...thanks Dog, and about the Paypal donations......I just spend ALL my money...sorry....
Old 02-02-2006, 04:05 AM
trozenhorse
Racer

is the tool really needed and that helpful for the remote top install?
Old 02-02-2006, 04:07 AM
rountreed
Burning Brakes

Hey guys I jumped in on the Remote Top so there is one more for you that you were not counting on. I was planning on getting this in a few months but oh well $40 savings just means my time line has moved up. I already have the Smart Top which is wonderful.
Thanks

Quick Reply: Smart Top/ Remote Top Group Buy