Sponsored by:

Bi-xenon Headlights

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2002, 04:07 AM
Bigjohn
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Bi-xenon Headlights

I am living in Hiroshima, Japan and am about to purchase an 02 996. Can get a better price on ones in stock with Porsche Japan- with the economy in the state it is in, they seem ready to deal. Most of those have PSM and the bi-xenon headlights- not as standard. Rather than wait for 4-5 months, am thinking of getting one of those in stock now. My head is spinning trying to decipher the Japanese catalog (I am from the US), so was wondering if someone could give me the lowdown on the headlights. Also interesting comparing what comes standard for the cars here in Japan vs. those built for the US market. Seems like Porsche Japan gives far fewer options as standard.... They will provide me with an English owners manual when I finally decide to make the purchase. By the way, this will be my first Porsche purchase, so it is even more boggling trying to do it all in Japanese......
Old 02-06-2002, 09:10 AM
yves
Intermediate

If i would have the choice i would not wait for so long either.My 02 cab is with bi-xenon, and i think it is fantastic, but still 5 months is a long time.Since i am a foreigner in Turkey i can tell you what is standard in the cars over here, and not in the US:airco,boardcomputer, stereosystem (the last two are included in the navigationsystem, which i would allready choose only for the reason that it looks good)hardtop among other things i can't remember.
Best of luck!!!!!
Old 02-06-2002, 09:27 PM
Speed
Pro

I have an '02 cab that I ordered with the bi-xenon headlights, but the wait here in the US is much less. I ordered end of July for Sept. production and delivery in Oct. The lights are very nice and the high beams are especially effective. That said, I still wouldn't wait five months just to get them. I would get the PSM and the Technics Package.

Quick Reply: Bi-xenon Headlights