Sponsored by:

What is your PSS9 ride height?

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2006, 11:27 PM
deputydog95
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts
Default What is your PSS9 ride height?

Just curious. Had mine done recently. Not sure if I'm totally satisfied with my current ride height. It looks pretty good, but I think I'd like to get another half inch lower front and rear.

What do yours measure out to (measuring from the ground, through the center of the wheel, to the bottom edge of the fender in inches)?

I am currently at about 25.5 in the front and 26 in the rear. bilstein recommends no more drop than 35mm front and 25mm for the rear. stock ride height on the c2 is 27.

Just curious if I could get away with a little more without ending up on the internal bumpstops. I know this can be an issue with the Bilsteins if you go too low.
Old 01-28-2006, 10:38 AM
Russ Murphy
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Check out this in-depth analysis of 996 suspension in Panorama and you can draw your own conclusions. I'd say that lowering the car more than a GT3 or GT2 (45mm front and 35 mm rear from stock)is probably a bad idea since those ride heights were designed to optimize the 996 suspension geometry. What are the lengths of the bumpstops now? The article looks carefully at how they come into play(much sooner in the travel than you might think on a lowered car).996 Standard and Sport Suspensions Analyzed
Old 01-28-2006, 11:52 AM
deputydog95
Rennlist Member

I've read that article. Lots of good info.

You don't use factory bump stops with the PSS9's. They have internal bump stops. And I don't know exactly where they are in relation to the entire suspension travel. That's why I'm concerned about going too low.

Hoping to hear from some owners that have been running this setup for while and get their impressions. The ride height looks good now, but another half inch would be nice.
Old 01-28-2006, 12:55 PM
dpblessing
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Rennlist Member

ask KPV?
Old 01-28-2006, 01:01 PM
deputydog95
Rennlist Member

he's got a turbo. totally different setup with different steering geometry based on the all wheel drive system.
Old 01-28-2006, 03:17 PM
Russ Murphy
Drifting

Get somebody to measure the stroke on an unmounted PSS9, lets say a front. You should be able to feel the bump stop. Jack up a front corner and measure the extended height, underside of the shock bearing to the bottom of the strut. Lower the car and turn the wheel full lock and remeasure. At least you'll know the answer to part of your question.

Quick Reply: What is your PSS9 ride height?