Sponsored by:

EVOMS GIAC

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2006, 08:40 PM
evolvedaz
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EVOMS GIAC

Well I finally added another mod to the Vivid Racing Porsche 996. This Carrera 2 has seened some sweet parts and driving. After the latest install of the 10lb total weight Jubily Titanium Exhaust, I wanted to finally get some more power under the tires. The 2 options were the Supercharger - $9K or the EVOMS GIAC Reflash - $1k. Hmmm…Best bang for buck? Supercharger of course! But if you don’t want to shell out the big bucks and you want to get your 996 running better, have more HP and TQ throughout the entire powerband, then this combo is where it is at. Besides all the cool stuff, the real power parts I have on this car are the EVOMS Cold Air Intake, B&B Headers, and Jubily Titanium Exhaust. With these mods the car made 228 wheel horspower and 207 ft/lbs of torque. As GIAC resellers, we had the local pros come down and do the reflash on our dyno so we could get a good before and after. Mike from EVOMS came down and flashed our ride up. After dynoing we gain 9 whp and 7ft/lbs of torque on our Mustang AWD Dyno. Now the Mustang Dyno is the most accurate out there, but reads lower then some of the others. The point we are showing is the gain by the reflash.

Now besides the numbers, what the hell is the difference? The 996 has a huge change in the powerband. Low RPM it is more powerful, quicker throttle response, and more responsive to my driving conditions. As I go up through the gears and in the power band, the car hits harder and harder. Reaching towards redline it does not flatten out. Instead it keeps pulling harder with the change in the Air/Fuel mixture. Butt dyno results…GOOD! No driveability issues and not a big hit to the wallet. So big thanks to the boys at Evolution Motorsports for helping us out.

Now if you want the feeling and the hook up, hit us up for some price quotes or package deals!

Stay tuned!!!

Dan

Old 01-26-2006, 09:02 PM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

228hp is kinda low, I'd expect about 50 more with all those mods. What was the pre-mod hp?
Old 01-27-2006, 09:14 AM
nycebo
Three Wheelin'

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Funny Chris, I just posted on the forum to question the smoothness of the pre-chip car relative to the post-chip car. It definitely raises a flag for me, though I intend to go ahead with the headers you did.
Old 01-27-2006, 11:31 AM
Ubermensch
Rennlist Member

Received 158 Likes on 106 Posts

The mustang dyno would explain the 228 hp relative to higher dynojet readings.
Old 01-27-2006, 01:32 PM
evolvedaz
Former Vendor

you are correct the mustang dyno does read a bit low! I posted a explination in the thread above!
Old 01-27-2006, 07:40 PM
washington dc porsche
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Vivid, do you notice a little dip in TQ when driving when accelerating WOT @ around 6k Rpms? I thought is was because of the GIAC but when I look in the Owners Manual I see it on their graph too, though I didn't notice it until after the Flash.

Originally Posted by vividracing
Well I finally added another mod to the Vivid Racing Porsche 996. This Carrera 2 has seened some sweet parts and driving. After the latest install of the 10lb total weight Jubily Titanium Exhaust, I wanted to finally get some more power under the tires. The 2 options were the Supercharger - $9K or the EVOMS GIAC Reflash - $1k. Hmmm…Best bang for buck? Supercharger of course! But if you don’t want to shell out the big bucks and you want to get your 996 running better, have more HP and TQ throughout the entire powerband, then this combo is where it is at. Besides all the cool stuff, the real power parts I have on this car are the EVOMS Cold Air Intake, B&B Headers, and Jubily Titanium Exhaust. With these mods the car made 228 wheel horspower and 207 ft/lbs of torque. As GIAC resellers, we had the local pros come down and do the reflash on our dyno so we could get a good before and after. Mike from EVOMS came down and flashed our ride up. After dynoing we gain 9 whp and 7ft/lbs of torque on our Mustang AWD Dyno. Now the Mustang Dyno is the most accurate out there, but reads lower then some of the others. The point we are showing is the gain by the reflash.

Now besides the numbers, what the hell is the difference? The 996 has a huge change in the powerband. Low RPM it is more powerful, quicker throttle response, and more responsive to my driving conditions. As I go up through the gears and in the power band, the car hits harder and harder. Reaching towards redline it does not flatten out. Instead it keeps pulling harder with the change in the Air/Fuel mixture. Butt dyno results…GOOD! No driveability issues and not a big hit to the wallet. So big thanks to the boys at Evolution Motorsports for helping us out.

Now if you want the feeling and the hook up, hit us up for some price quotes or package deals!

Stay tuned!!!

Dan

Old 01-28-2006, 10:31 PM
Tbred911
Three Wheelin'

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

what is the model year of the vivid porsche?
Old 01-28-2006, 10:46 PM
ElTorrente
Burning Brakes

Jeeez look at those graph lines - that doesn't exactly look like smooth power delivery. What's up with that?
Old 02-02-2006, 01:09 PM
evolvedaz
Former Vendor

2002 996 C2
Old 02-02-2006, 01:22 PM
evolvedaz
Former Vendor

It is actually a 2000 C2 RJ...
Dan
Old 02-03-2006, 03:44 AM
Newcomer
AutoX

I have a 99 Nov production 996 c2.....do I need to send the unit abroad to have it flashed? I live in Hong Kong and seems like there is no representative office in HK!
Old 02-15-2006, 12:10 PM
evolvedaz
Former Vendor

Yes you would need to send it in to have it flashed then it would be sent back to you.
Old 02-15-2006, 12:24 PM
evolvedaz
Former Vendor

Will post the smooth graph today.
Dan
Old 02-15-2006, 12:27 PM
evolvedaz
Former Vendor

Old 02-15-2006, 12:37 PM
nycebo
Three Wheelin'

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Pretty impressive. Looks like it posted torque gains across the whole rev band. To me, that was very important.

BTW, Dan, do you know what would be awesome? A dyno of that car stock without the aftermarket headers, mufflers, and intake.

Quick Reply: EVOMS GIAC