Post Wax

Does anyone recommend any particular brand of wax and a leather cleaner? TIA
Old 01-25-2002, 02:35 PM
MelissaM
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bloke,

Blitz wax works great for me. Easy to get on and off the car. The protection lasts several months on my daily driver.

Leather cleaner & conditioner -- I use Lexol on the leather. Let it soak into the leather, preferably with warm weather. Then buff it out after a few hours.

Vinyl -- Personally, I use 303. Good stuff, no silicone.

There's a few good websites on car care. One that I use is:

Car Care Online website

This website reviews different products, discusses car care techniques, and sells the products.

Good Luck!

-- Melissa

PS Standard disclaimers -- I have no affiliation with CarCareOnline, yada yada yada...
Old 01-25-2002, 11:19 PM
Speed
Pro

I, too, recommend Blitz wax but I find Lexol leaves a slippery finish on the leather. I use a two step process--cleaning with a glycerine soap and then a leather protectant used on saddles. I don't have the names of these products handy at the moment, but I'll try to post it next week. Bloke, in our area you should contact Larry Reynolds at Car Care Specialties who carries a full line of concours level products. He has a web site at carecarespecialties.com. He also advertises in Porsche Panorama and Excellence
Old 01-26-2002, 03:59 AM
tomd
5th Gear

One Grand Blitz and Glaze or Zaino Bros. I use both and love both. I get compliments on the shine all the time. Even from the dealer, who preps new cars all the time.

Zaino is more work, but probably shines a littler better and lasts a little longer. For the time and effort One Grand BLitz is fantastic.

I'm in the bay area, so if anyone ever wants to detail together let me know.

Quick Reply: Wax