Sponsored by:

powerflow from Zucs?

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2002, 07:10 AM
yves
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post powerflow from Zucs?

When i had my Boxster, i had a powerflow box installed from a company called Zucs.They claimed some extra hp,which i didn't really notice, but the engine sound changed much for the good.Now that i have a 02 C4 cab i would like to try to achieve the same improvement in sound but i can't seem to find the company anymore on the net.Does anyone know if they still exist, and has anyone done something similar and let me know how it turned out?
Old 05-20-2002, 03:12 PM
Jim Michaels
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
There was a dyno test of the 996 PowerFlow air intake by ZucZ in the April 2000 issue of Excellence magazine (pages 123-124). Several different dyno runs and adjustments showed the PowerFlow to produce less hp compared to the stock air-box. Todd Zuccone said he would address the problem and provide an improved PowerFlow for the 996, but I haven't kept up with it. The business is ZucZ Motorsports in Tempe, Arizona, and Todd Zuccone is the owner. Sorry, but I do not have the address. Hopefully, someone else can provide an update. I just wanted you to know about the early dyno results.
Old 05-20-2002, 04:50 PM
996FLT6
Rennlist Member

Received 247 Likes on 203 Posts
If you're looking for a cone filter type element then Airetek by Evolution Motorsport makes one. I use to have the Fabspeed intake which between 4200-4700 rpm I noticed more umphh at full throttle but having replaced it with the Airetek much better trq thruout the powerband. I changed to Airetek because I had installed a ECIS cone filter intake for my friend's e36 M3 and it was quite noticeable on his car. Regards. Mike

Quick Reply: powerflow from Zucs?