996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

04 911 4s deal: is it good?

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2006, 10:10 AM
MasterMason11
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Based on the P car used car value history, the C4S holds value more than the C4 and C2 in the long run.

You can't go wrong with the C4S. But if you wanted a more comfortable ride, get the 997.

Just my .02
Old 01-18-2006, 01:05 PM
SRC4S
Advanced

Originally Posted by JARO
Need your opinion as to wha a good price for this car would be...
http://loeber.porschedealer.com/preo...ntoryid=205410
Want to trade out of my Cayenne S and get into this beauty...let me know.

One note:

I tried to purchase an X50 Turbo from Loeber. The pictures they sent me showed that the Turbo may have had its front bumper resprayed. When I asked about it, they said they weren't aware of it. Well, now how is that i can see it in pics but they can't in person? so they had a tech check it out and the tech claimed that it was resprayed. since i'm in NJ and they are in the chicago area, i didn't have many choices. I called back and gave them a final price offer - a price that reflected a respray again if the current state was not to my satisfaction. It was a gamble to say the least but one i was willing to take. After numerous discussions with the GM, my salersperson called back and said they would accept. I made sure that the price would be contingent on the front respray being merely a cosmetic repair and nothing more than that. The turbo did have about 28K miles on it. if it was highway driven, sand/rock chips (esp. in that area) are likely and hence the reason for the respray. The price was finalized on a Friday afternoon. That Sat, I went to my local Porsche dealership and knowing a friend there, i had him look up the VIN of that Turbo to see its repair history. We went over it and he and i felt that the car was historically fine. BTW, the car was originally never advertised as being a CPO. However, the price i negotiated included the CPO.

Come monday, i call to make arrangements to fly out there. And then the salesguy says, "it's been sold." My heart sank. You have got to be f*ckin' kidding me? they had the car for about two months! and there's a deal on the table and in one day, it gets sold???

Put a deposit down if you are seriously interested. That's where i screwed up. the reason why i didn't was b/c I wanted that one extra day to research the car's history.

The part that gets me is that while in the negotiation phase, they just call and call and call. However, when they have another potential buyer, they don't call. they don't even think twice that they have somehow arranged a price with me. I wish I had put a deposit on it so they couldn't move the car w/o first calling me. call it sneaky but i can understand the dealer's desire to sell. perhaps they feared that i would walk away from the car if i saw it in person. whatever the case, i felt shorted. just to make me feel better, they told me that these practices are quite common in the industry. Common? It was like being dealt pocket aces, slow playing and then only to be beat by trip dueces!

btw, if you are going to put a deposit down make sure it's refundable.

and how did i end up with a C4S? I had about five dealerships on the search for a guards red turbo. believe it or not, there were so few that i had very little to choose from. one day, a particular salesman called and told me that although he didn't have a turbo, he did have a C4S that was guards red. and it had less than 2K miles. i drove down to see it.

it was love at first sight! and that's a wrap!
Old 01-18-2006, 01:24 PM
Riad
Chandler!
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by robbonds
hey c4s surgeon - i didnt think they made a 2003 c4s - i thought the s version came out in 2004 ?
The C4S Cab was introduced in 2004.
Old 01-18-2006, 01:49 PM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Thought he was talking about coupes, my bad.
Old 01-18-2006, 02:26 PM
Riad
Chandler!
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 20 Posts

His comment made no mention of cabriolet or coupe, I just wanted to clarify.

Old 01-19-2006, 05:07 PM
The_Phantom
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by riad
...My car was $110,000 new, in 2 years it's worth about $80K that's about right.
Originally Posted by pl
wow, that wide hip does cost money!...

Yeah, but Riad's car was a cabriolet and must have a lot of options because C4S's weren't usually that expensive. My C4S had a base price of like $84k and a total sticker of $90k.
Old 01-19-2006, 05:44 PM
alevine
Rennlist Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

My friend is looking at that exact car at Leober! He negotiated them to ~$68,000. He is trading in 2 cars for this one though.

Good luck.

Adam
Old 01-19-2006, 06:34 PM
Nutbeem
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by SRC4S
and how did i end up with a C4S? I had about five dealerships on the search for a guards red turbo. believe it or not, there were so few that i had very little to choose from. one day, a particular salesman called and told me that although he didn't have a turbo, he did have a C4S that was guards red. and it had less than 2K miles. i drove down to see it.

it was love at first sight! and that's a wrap!
I live in Southern California, and I've never seen a red C4S, I bet it looks great. Good call!

I agree - they're your best friend while the deal is getting done, but they'd climb over your mother for en extra few hundred bucks. Crazy world.
Old 01-19-2006, 08:10 PM
jnx
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by JARO
o yes...why? can you elaborate?
PM me asap. Jay

Quick Reply: 04 911 4s deal: is it good?