Sponsored by:

5 MM WHEEL SPACER SETS

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2006, 08:01 AM
Thegman
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 5 MM WHEEL SPACER SETS

I'm considering buying a set of 5 mm spacers. I saw them at Carnewal.Com for $345.00 (U.S.) for the spacers, bolts and locks. I have two questions, can they be purchased at a discount somewhere? Do they require any "installation", for example, do they get bolted to the hubs or something?
Old 01-16-2006, 11:17 AM
GreggT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 50 Likes on 36 Posts

Pretty expensive (cause they're Porsche)..........check H&R or others.....but I would not even go to the trouble of 5mm myself......my eyes are not good enough to notice 3/16 of an inch on a car .
Is this for a stock narrowbody?....what wheels?

Performance Products for H&R.
They are hub centric......simply fit bet the wheel and hub.......bolts supplied are just a tad longer to accomodate the space......personally I'd loose the security bolts & go with all standard (unless you fear wheels getting ripped off).
Old 01-16-2006, 01:10 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

I added that set and DID notice the difference. Actually, it was the perfect spacer size for me. As for going elsewhere other than Porsche (aftermarket brands) I heard WAY TOO many problems of vibration issues, etc.

FYI....Gert DOES sell at a discount at Carnewal. The problem is the exchange rate is killing us right now. I bought mine (5MM set) from Sunset in Oregon. I think I paid about $275.
Old 01-16-2006, 01:37 PM
man_of_ice
Racer

OK - dumb question.

What are spacers?
Old 01-16-2006, 01:45 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Add a space (using a metal ring) between the wheel and hub. Another way around this is with changing the offset on your wheels.
Attached Images  
Old 01-16-2006, 01:47 PM
GreggT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 50 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by LVDell
I added that set and DID notice the difference. Actually, it was the perfect spacer size for me. As for going elsewhere other than Porsche (aftermarket brands) I heard WAY TOO many problems of vibration issues, etc.

FYI....Gert DOES sell at a discount at Carnewal. The problem is the exchange rate is killing us right now. I bought mine (5MM set) from Sunset in Oregon. I think I paid about $275.
Agree..........Gert is one of the fairest guys on the planet.
Guess I've been lucky on spacers........but I've only been using them for 20 yrs or so .

man-of-ice..........some people claim they put them on for added performance & handling.........others use them until the can order good aftermarket wheels (that have an offset more pleasing to their eye).
They move the wheel 'out' in the wheel arch....by providing 'space' between the existing wheel and the hub.

Last edited by GreggT; 01-16-2006 at 02:10 PM.
Old 01-16-2006, 04:32 PM
man_of_ice
Racer

Thanks! Seen it mentioned a lot, but never understood what they are used for.

Quick Reply: 5 MM WHEEL SPACER SETS