Sponsored by:

This might save you money

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2006, 11:19 PM
Turbo Mike
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default This might save you money

This might be lengthy, not to bad mouth this establishment BUT, The other day I took my car to Naples Porsche to have it checked over seeing that my warranty is going to end in 1 month. So they looked it over and told me that my RMS was wet but not really leaking but they would change it anyway under warranty (cool) they also said I had a broken weld on my exhaust tip, and they would fix that under warranty. Then they said that my clutch was a little stiff and that could mean it was worn and I would need to get that fixed but I would only have to pay for a clutch kit because the labor would be covered under warranty with the RMS service (that was cool also). So I asked how much for a clutch kit? $1000 (ouch) I said ok let me figure out a time I could have it fixed. I decided to call Suncoast Porsche in Sarasota FL to get their price, they always had the best prices on parts, I talked to Phil Anderson (great guy) he tells me I clutch kit cost $464.45 (big difference). So I call back Naples Porsche and told them how much Suncoast was charging and if they could meet that price? They told me that they couldn’t cut their price in half, but at the time I talked to them (Friday pm) the parts dept was closed and he would have to wait till Monday to let me know for sure. Today is the following Friday and still no call (that pisses me off). So my car is at Suncoast Porsche getting the service done. It is very unfortunate that the local dealership is so god-dam uppity because they are in Naples, that they can think they can charge what ever they want. So my (long winded) point is shop around you don’t need to get ripped off, and it is worth the drive not to give my business to Naples Porsche.
PS: also every part I ever bought from Suncoast Porsche was at least half the price of Naples Porsche..
Old 01-14-2006, 12:56 AM
lowside67
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 27 Posts

almost makes one wonder why you'd even bother with naples in the first place if every part you've ever bought was from suncoast at half the price.
Old 01-14-2006, 01:04 AM
Turbo Mike
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Naples is about 40 miles from me and sarasota is almost 100 miles
Old 01-14-2006, 02:10 AM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Suncoast almost always has the best prices, if they don't Braman can get you a deal too, ask for Javier, he hooked me up a couple of times. I wish my local p dealer was like suncoast, they're more akin to naples.
car looks nice

Quick Reply: This might save you money