996 Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:

Oil change now $285??

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2006, 02:14 AM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Only take it to te dealer while under warranty, you might need their goodwill in the future. That's life in the big city boys.
Old 02-25-2006, 08:47 AM
Tool Pants
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There is a 2 year warranty when you buy the part. My dealer has this printed on the back of the invoices.

Parts replaced under warranty are held by the dealer for 90 days in case Atlanta wants to see the parts. After 90 days they are "supposed" to be destroyed. I think this is how some of those parts find their way on ebay.

Certain parts, however, have to be sent back to be sent back to Atlanta and are not held for 90 days. A control unit is an example of what must be sent back.

So I have been told....
Old 02-25-2006, 08:54 AM
washington dc porsche
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Roger That!

Originally Posted by Eli K
For anyone in DC area. Bring me the oil and filter, I'll change your oil in less than 1/2 an hour for half a c-note. Will even let you watch
Old 02-25-2006, 12:41 PM
caf
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just a follow-up, as the one who started this thread. When I checked back with my dealer, he said I had been misquoted; the oil change is ONLY $225! Anyway, still pretty outrageous, but I realized that much of that was for the oil, which they were charging like $13 a quart! The service advisor said I could bring my own, so I bought it at Autozone for about $4.80.

My main reason for having the dealer do the oil change was that my car's warranty expires in a few weeks, and I wanted to get the once over. I almost wasn't surprised when they found a RMS leak. (Do they always find one of these when things are slow in the service department?).

Anyway, they fixed it in a day, and once my warranty has expired, I'll probably change my own oil.

Quick Reply: Oil change now $285??