Sponsored by:

PMNA response to PCCB track use question

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2003, 09:47 PM
Steve in FL
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post PMNA response to PCCB track use question

I ran into some Porsche Motorsport folks in Sebring a couple of weeks ago and asked about PCCB durability on the track. Here's the response I got today:

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">
The PCCB brakes are suitable for race track usage, but you have to change the pads to PAGID P50-RS14 (green). These pads are available from PMNA. Please contact Phoebe in the parts department directly.

The estimated lifetime of the PCCB rotors is about 1500 miles (EDIT: I believe that means track miles and Sebring was the track in question). Please check the rotors and pads periodically.

... (response to GT3 gearing question removed)

Like I always state, tell your friends at PCA to contact PMNA directly with ANY questions regarding "new" cars. We will try our best to help, because we see this service also as an important part of Porsche. Unfortunately, many people in PCA believe that PMNA only cares about the important racing customers, but luckily this is absolutely not true.
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">
Old 06-10-2003, 01:22 AM
mds
Pro

1500 mile life is roughly 10 DE days, which is not bad, but the price is likely 10 times that of steel, which is bad. $500 per day for rotors???

Excellent news about PMNA support.
Old 06-10-2003, 01:46 AM
PogueMoHone
Addict
Rennlist Member

Does that mean you're ordering the PCCB on the GT3?
Old 06-10-2003, 02:50 AM
Steve in FL
Burning Brakes

Colm,

Yes (and thanks for your input there). I am also going to keep looking into installing conventional rotors & pads with the PCCB calipers so I have the option of "less expensive" brakes for track events where I'd be putting lots of miles on the car. I figure replacing the PCCB rotors every 2 years would still hurt but less so than every year

Quick Reply: PMNA response to PCCB track use question